I understand you must be inundated with requests of this nature. During the Second World War my Grandfather was deployed to France, we believe on route a photograph was taken of my Grandfather and a group of soldiers, around his neck was a clock with the words “ Hitler your time is neigh”, or something to that effect. This picture was printed on the front page of a paper but nobody in my family has a copy, as you can understand I would be delighted to find the photo.
My search has been ongoing for a number of years now but with no results, we have visited the newspaper museum a number of times but without a date of his movements it has become very difficult.

I have spoken to my family to obtain details of my Grandfathers military service, he returned to the UK after serving 6 years in India from 1926, on his return he left the forces and was a reserve soldier. At the outbreak of WW2 he was called up to the London Barracks, we think it was Woolwich and then sent to Dunkirk where he was wounded in the face and mouth, he was also based at Weedon Barracks under the command of Colonel Thornton but we are not sure of the dates.
I am in possession of his pass, and the information on his “Permit Pass” is, 63rd Field Battery Royal Artillery Bearer Number 1060695 Name: Moorcock 7, and his full name is Mr Fredrick Charles Moorcock, but was known as Charlie Moorcock.

If you can be of any assistance in tracking down this photo we would be extremely grateful.

I thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Craig Wilson
Contact Information:
Email: [email protected]