Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jenlouise

Default levi and hirsh london

i am researching jacob levi b1760 middlesex he married hannah harris
    jacob was the son of judah levi
    and hannah harris was daughter of hirsh this all i have i would be interested if anyone had anymore information on this family x

Louise
    For clarity ( I have seen your earlier posts on another site) are you researching see Synagogue Scribes site GSM 067/6 Marriage Hannah Harris father's Hebrew name Hirsh; Jacob Levi father's Hebrew name Yehuda EnglandeR- Married 20 May 1802.
    Do you also want to add your current data on the couple because you also refer to Solomon/Salamon lines.
    Phillip

Louise
    On a previous post on another site you refer to the marriage certificate you hold for Louis Levi and Mary Ann Rowland. You did not post any details of this certificate and my advice would be to post full details. You mentioned in this early post that Louis was involved in glass cutting and glass manufacturing.As you maybe aware from numerous posts on this forum I have Jacobs and Levy/Levi ancestors who were heavily involved in the glass trade including manufacturing in London.
    It would help researchers if you stated very clearly what you currently know about the various individuals you want to research further.
    Phillip

jenlouise

hi phillip,

yes that is the couple you mentioned i dont have any more info on hannah harris and jacob levi and there parents only what you have mentioned above and they had ten children thats including louis levi who did marry mary anne rowland at st.james westminster 1851 i will also add i am not the same person that has been researching on here my only other place i have placed an enquiry was roots chat and did not get very much info as you can see,i am interested in the harris/hirsh family and also jacobs parents,
    thank you for your help
    JenL

Default ELIAS LEVI AKA LOUIS LEVI

Louise
    I am going to post census data on Elias Levi aka Louis Levi for the help of other researchers and to make explicit the individuals you are researching.
    There is also a note on by another researcher on an Ancestry Com census record for Elias aka Louis Levi which suggests that he maybe related to the J Lyons ( Lyons tea houses) line. Looking at the data posted by Louise on Rootsweb it appears that Elias aka Louis married twice but specific reference is required from records to clarify this.
    1851 British Census- 77 Davies St St.George Hanover Square H0 107 1475 116 10 (Crown Copyright,TNA)
    Elias Levi H M 47 Cut glass dealer Manufacturer b Middx Stroud; Ann wife 46 dealer in apparel b London; David son 19 dealer in apparel b London; Sarah dau 17 b Lambeth Surrey; Maria dau 16; John son 10;Louisa dau 13; Nathaniel son 11; Rebecca 9 dau; Joshua son 7; Ann 5 dau - all children from Maria given as born London
    1861 British Census 64a Queen Rd West Chelsea Christ Church RG9 31 156 22 (Crown Copyright,TNA)
    Louis E Levi H M 57 Cut glass manufacturer b Middx Stroud; Anne wife 56 b Aldgate;David son u 30 b Southwark Surrey;John son u 24 b Middx St George;Joshua son u 17 b Middx St George; Rebecca dau 18 b Middx St George; Ann dau 15 b Middx St George

Phillip

See JewishGen 1851 British Census record for Elias Levi Subject ID 23297 and family with inclusion of Elizabeth a daughter born 1828; see also JewishGen UK London trade directory record Elias Levi glass cutter 5 William Place Walworth Robson 1830. Synagogue Scribes records GSM 240/49 Marriage ELIAS LEVI Hebrew name Eliahu; father's Hebrew name Jacob married Ann MENDES ( Yenta) father's Hebrew name David Mendes - 7 Sept 1826
    The birth district for Elias aka Louis Levi is Strand not Stroud.

Phillip

The London Marriages and Banns records show that three of the children of Elias Levi aka Louis Elias Levi married non Jewish partners- Rebecca Levi married Samuel Bartlett ( on the marriage certificate Lambeth 1862 Rebecca names her father as Louis Elias Levi glass cutter); Sarah Levi married John Robert Jones in Islington 1866 ( she names her father as Elias Levi glass cutter); Joshua Levia aka George Joshua Levi married in 1866 Mary Ann Lampard ( he names his father as Elias Levi glass cutter).
    The 1845 London PO Directory has Elias Levi glass cutter 70 Davies St Berkeley Square

Phillip

jenlouise

wow thank you phillip i have just getting back to this i also have elias on the 1841 census im just new at researching jewish links so thank you for them this is the census
    1841 England Census about Elias Levi
    Name: Elias Levi
    Estimated birth year: abt 1806
    Where born: Middlesex, England
    Civil Parish: St George Hanover Square
    Hundred: Westminster
    County/Island: Middlesex
    Street address:

View image
    Registration district: St George Hanover Square
    Sub-registration district: Hanover Square
    Neighbors: View others on page
    Piece: 733
    Book: 8
    Folio: 4
    Page Number: 1
    Household Members:
    Name Age
    Elias Levi 35
    Ann Levi 35
    Lewis Levi 14
    Daniel Levi 9
    Sarah Levi 8 Mo
    Maria Levi 6
    John Levi 5
    Louisa Levi 3
    Nathaniel Levi 9 Mo

Louise
    I have seen the marriage certificate for Ann aka Annie Levi who married Joseph Smith on 21 July 1866 Lisson Grove - her father given as Louis Elias Levi glass cutter. This is another non Jewish marriage. Also noted on Rootsweb a 2004 message where a researcher was looking for data on Louis and stated that Ann aka Annie died in child birth and her husband committed suicide.

Also noted a snippet from Pigot's London Directory ( no date given) of Elias Levi 15 Oxford Buildings Oxford Street.
    When did Louis die?
    Phillip

jenlouise

hi phillip

I am in the process of hunting elias/Louis death

there is an elias levi death in wandsworth 1877 aged 74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast