Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    If I've found the right marriage, these are the details:
    Hiram Williamson born abt 1837, England, Married 20 Sep 1865, at Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
    Age 28, Father Hiram, Mother Elisabeth[sic]
    Spouse Jennie E Holbrook, age 18, born Waltham, Father Solemen[sic], Mother Mary
    The 1903 death record has some conflicting info, so are either of these records correct?

Hiram A Williamson, born abt 1819, Manchester England, Death Date: 22 Nov 1903, Place: Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, Age at Death: 84, Father James H A, Mother Mary

Need more info from you please, S Williamson. The name of his son from whom you've worked back, his DOB etc, and other children born to Hiram James Aliff Williamson. Also can you confirm his wife's name and give any other family info relevant to the search. Thanks.

S Williamson

I am looking for WILLIAMSON as far as i know.

That is the death record and marriage record i have. The death record was filled out by his wife and you would think she would notice if her husband is 19? Years older!?
    The Hiram Williamson in US federal Cencus in 1880 birthdate about 1837 is the one i have been lookng at. He is listed in the 1870 US cencus as H Williamson with wife Jenny in Watertown, MA.

On his son Franks birth record it lists James Hiram Williamson parents as Hiram and Eizabeth.

So family:
    Wife: Eliza Jane "Jennie" Holbrook b. 2 Sept 1848 in Waltham, died 7 Jan 1925 in Waltham.

His son who i am sure of is:
    *Fred H A WILLIAMSON
    B. 30 Aug 1870 in Waltham
    D. 14 May 1938 in Waltham, married Bernice Tufts in Nashua New Hampshire in 1895.

*Frank Lafeyette Williamson
    B. 10 July 1875 in Carver, MA
    D. 27 oct 1888 in Waltham, MA

*Edward Williamson
    B. 27 aug 1880 in Watertown, MA
    D. 1972 in Lexiton, MA married Mary L Riley on 5 sept 1900

I have not looked for him in any British census because i dont have acess to those records right now--and with the conflicting birthdates i wouldnt even know where to begin.

Thank you for your replies!!

OK, so you know the marriage record is correct, yes?

If I've found the right marriage, these are the details:
    Hiram Williamson born abt 1837, England, Married 20 Sep 1865, at Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
    Age 28, Father Hiram, Mother Elisabeth[sic]
    Spouse Jennie E Holbrook, age 18, born Waltham, Father Solemen[sic], Mother Mary
    If the marriage record is the right one, I think it possible the death record is for a different chap. Marriage: Mother Elizabeth. Death: Mother Mary. DOB differs by 18yrs. The death record states his occupation was P.O Clerk, and his wife was Mrs H A Williamson. Seems like two different people to me!

The 1903 death record has some conflicting info, so are either of these records correct?

Hiram A Williamson, born abt 1819, Manchester England, Death Date: 22 Nov 1903, Place: Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, Age at Death: 84, Father James H A, Mother Mary

S Williamson

In most of the US Records he is listed as Hiram Williamson.

I have been going by the marriage record.
    Its just the Death Record that doesnt fit...

I found his US Naturalzation card and it lists his birthdate as 25 March 1838, address 185 Chestnut in Waltham, MA.

I have traced him through the Waltham City Directories from 1870-1903. It lists his occupation from 1885-92 as a Clerk in a Boston P.O. then from 1893-1903 as Porter/ Head Porter in a PO in Boston, address at 185 Chestnut.

I went to the cometary in Waltham and definitely found his son Fred, and Hiram was suppose to be buried right beside him but the stone was a worn down one that looked like it said H Williamson with an mini American flag beside it but i couldn't confirm the name. The cemetary still hasn't gotten back to me about the records yet, hopefully soon. and couldn't find his wife or Fred's wife for that matter so i dont know if they have been moved or not....

i found the grave by search the Waltham City site, results here:

https://services.waltham.ma.us/cemeta...loc=7389&grv=8

To over complicate matters, I've found this 1900 USA census.

Waltham Ward 7, Middlesex, Massachusetts

Earnest Adams 41, head
    Lowella Adams 37, wife
    Marin Adams 6, dau
    Bernice Adams 6, dau
    Mary Holbrook 81, aunt
    Hellen Holbrook 44, aunt
    Edward Willison 19, roomer, single, born Sept 1881 Massachusetts, Father England, Mother Massachusetts
    Hyrum Willison 70, roomer, widower, born Mar 1830, England, occupation Post Office, yrs in USA 30
    Jennie Willison 47, roomer, single, born Sept 1852, Massachusetts, parents born Maine, Dressmaker

I found his US Naturalzation card and it lists his birthdate as 25 March 1838, address 185 Chestnut in Waltham, MA.
    The only naturalization record I've found has a different address.
    Hiram Williamson, add. Pine St Waltham, born Mar 25th 1838, naturalized Nov 6th 1886.

S Williamson

Well thats interesting because i could never find them in the 1900 census...

As to the Naturalzation rec i looked back and you are right it does say Pine st.

Some of the city directories only say "at Waltham" ill go through them and write it all down...see if we can sort out a timelne...

Now im just lost...

Now im just lost...
    You're not alone, me too

The 1900 census says he was married 22yrs, had 3 children and 2 still alive??? Odd, as you did mention 3 children and 1 having died young. This census seems to have thrown the cat amongst the pigeons.

S Williamson

Ive looked at some of the Waltham City Directories.
    1869- baker, at 445 Main
    1871-boards at 18 River, works in a bleachery
    1880- clerk, Mt Auburn near Patten
    1882- clerk, house at Palfrey near Spring
    1884- janitor at Watertown Public Library, house at Dana near Gardener
    1886- clerk at a post office in boston, house at Pine nr Gardner
    1890- clerk at a post office in boston, house 185 Chestnut
    1895- head porter at post office in boston, house at 185 Chestnut
    1903-head porter at post office in boston, house at 185 Chestnut

Those are the only ones with specific addresses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast