Thread: R.E.BENNETT

ruthebennett

Default R.E.BENNETT

I have been looking for information about my paternal grandparents for a few years now. I will be flying to England this month from Canada to do some research. I am dealing with a mystery past which I hope one day will be solved.

Welcome to British Genealogy, Ruth. We have a dedicated band of brickwall demolishers, so with any luck someone will be able to help.

ruthebennett

Hello Lesley,
    My grandparents where born in Kiev or Odessa. I may have to try finding my grandmothers information as the brick wall seems to be on my grandfathers side. He was a deserter in the Lancashire Fasilliers (I have his medal card) which took him through many European countries before settling in Jerusalum for a number of years then back to England. He changed his name a few times it seems. His date of birth would be January 1887 and he died in Janurary 1966 in Sydney Australia.
    He had two daughters with the last name of Bochoroff both born in Berlin then in England his name was Bernard/Boris Morgaritsky or Miseritzsky which I think was changed in Jerusalem to Bennett (My fathers record indicate name change to Bennett from Morgarisky).
    My grandmother is Doris/Dora/Sarah Weisman or Wiseman.
    They lived in London and had two more sons before fleeing the country. My grandmother is buried in London but that's about all I have on either of them.
    I am going to London the end of this month to see if I can find anything about my grandmother as my focus has been on my grandfather till recently. Maybe researching her I may stumble onto info about him.
    Hopefully!

Ruth's post about her very complicated family is Here Anyone wishing to help please post the information there as this forum is just for Introducing yourself.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs