llanharan

Angry searching squdron name

HELLO I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE SQUDRON THAT WAS STATION AT [R.A.F ]St Athans Cardiff in the 30-40s I know my dad was station in the 40 due to my dad past away about ten years after the war and me being only 3yrs old when he came out of the R.A.F and the only ones who knew have past away,
    I only wont the squadron name to help me to find out about him when he was younger as I am in the dark any help,
    pleas regards [Llanharan]

HiLlanharan
    First thing you need to do is apply for your dad's service record which would tell you his trade, whether he was air or ground crew and might tell you what squadron he was with. Please read this which gives you the link for applying for RAF records https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...after)-records

llanharan

hi Neil many thanks for your reply that is the biggest problem as I was only 3yrs old no one in family knew his service number but will do as you said and take a big foot forward many thanks TONY[LLANHARAN]

Neil's right. Also, remember that not all RAF personnel were members of squadrons - my Dad was in Signals all his life, and never a member of a squadron, even if he served on a base where one was.
    There are websites listing who was where, mind you. Try Googling RAF St Athans....

llanharan

HI THANK YOU LESLEY YES I AM GOING TO DO WHAT NIEL SAY AND WHAT YOU HAVE SAID BY GOOGLING Llanharan

Knowledgeable and helpful

When you Google (or try any other search engine) remember it's St Athan, not St Athans