This new thread should be read in conjunction with the threads and posts - Grace Hanson nee Hart and Walter Hanson 1898-1917 on the Jewish Roots Forum. In this thread I will post initial data on the WW1 Service record and death of Albert Aaron Hanson son of William Henry Hanson and Grace Hart ( daughter of Aaron Hart and Ann Rebecca Crawcour)
From the AIF Project online- Albert A Hanson born Eulo Parents William Henry Hanson 43 Charles Street Fitzroy Victoria Australia. His brother Walter was killed 24 days earlier( I have posted on Walter in a previous thread and incorrectly stated 27 days for their respective deaths). Enlisted 14 June 1915 Bendigo Rank Sergeant 46th Battalion Australian Infantry (AIF); Sleeper Cutter known as " Ike" to his mates. Wounded 13 Oct, support line near Zonnebeke in a hole along side the road , shell explosion. Died of shell wounds in both legs, artery cut in right thigh. Died 14 Oct 1917. Grave reference Lijssenthock Military Cemetery XX1 C -15a.

I believe there is a website which has a photograph of Albert in his military uniform and will post data on a subsequent thread.
Phillip