Thread: G'Day!

Lyrita

Default G'Day!

Call me Wes. I'm a 6th Gen Canadian Glockling, and while I have been sporadically researching my Glockling ancestors since the mid-eighties, I found myself colliding with - well, brick walls!, and would give up in frustration. Recently, though, I came into possession of a rather extensive folder/file of Glockling history which goes right back to Bethnal Green, London - including a pile of photos, some of which are of Peter and Elizabeth Glockling, my 1st Gen Patriarchs.

Should anyone have any blanks to fill in regarding the family, I may be able to assist - and yes, I probably have some mysteries of my own to figure out, one being that there are FAR too many Peter Glocklings popping up in the early (1850's) history.

Looking forward to getting to talk to you all!

W
    Last edited by Lyrita; 16-06-2014 at 1:59 AM. Reason: typo

Welcome to British-Genealogy Wes

Ah those brickwalls. You will meet a lot of people on here with flat foreheads but you have struck gold with the photos and folder of information. You just have to sort it out and decide where you want to start pulling out the bricks. One thing is for sure you will get a lot of help on Brit-Gen.
    Just choose the most suitable forum for your query, give us all the info you have and post away. We love any excuse to leave our brick walls to one side and see if we have better luck with others.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome to Brit Gen!
    just a small point - since we have no way to know whether you're 17 or 70, knowing the generation in relation to you of Peter & Elizabeth won't help people to think about them. It's usually a good idea to include dates of some sort, even if it's just a year, or even a few years!

At the moment I'm green with envy over the photo box!