douglashowlett

Default John Howlett of Lynn Norfolk

Could anybody help me with finding out information about John Howlett who was born circa 1813 in Lynn in Norfork and married Alice ?. They subsequently moved to Bungay and 2 sons and 3 daughters.
    At the moment I can't locate any reference of John Howlett's birth or marriage certificates and other than the details above I have not been able to find out anything about his early life, his parents or siblings etc.

I would welcome any assistance.

frederickay

Default howlett

hi , i noticed howletts in the pentney cemetery when i was there in 2005. it is a name i noticed because one of our very cute all blacks is doug howlett. i think there must be a family there. it is behind the church . the minister there is stuart nairn . i am in n.z. so cant be any more help but rita sheridan has a pentney site and she might be able to help you. jan

I don't know if I can help with "your" John Howlett, but I am looking for one of my own, also in / around king's Lynn, but a generation or two earlier. The one I'm looking for died in King's Lynn in 1828, aged 68, suggesting a birth year of 1760. He married a Frances, but I don't know her name, because I cannot track down their marriage record.

I'd welcome any thoughts or help.

Nicolina

have you tried Family Search? You can check out Norfolk records at:
    https://familysearch.org/search/imag...3Fcc%3D1824688

Yes, I've been through Family Search many times, and even in its updated version, I have drawn a blank. I have also spent many happy hours trawling through King's Lynn registers in the Norfolk Record Office but could not find anything there either. So my thought is that the John I am looking for must have come from outside King's Lynn.

So any ideas - most welcome!

janbooth

I haven't been able to find a marriage for John & Alice either so your best bet to find out her maiden name is to send for the birth certificate of whichever child is your direct ancestor. For example, the birth registration of Francis Thomas HOWLETT is in the March qtr 1850 at Wangford reg district (includes the parishes of Bungay), vol 13, page 542 (do confirm the details from the actual image for yourself before ordering).

Janet