Titanicfan

Default Emigration from Ireland

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could please look up my ancestors on passenger lists emigrating from Ireland. I have a subscription to FMP at the moment but I have searched and I haven't been able to find anything. I have recently been given this information from another researcher but I just wanted to confirm the information.

Patrick Connolly b. 1844 Cork, Ireland emigrated from Ireland between 1860-1870 to London, England
    Daniel Connolly b. 1832 Cork, Ireland and his wife Catherine emigrated from Ireland to the USA between 1865-1875 and lived in Minnesota, USA.
    Denis Connolly b. 1838 Cork, Ireland emigrated from Ireland by himself in 1862 to Australia on the ship Prince Consort and his future wife, Johanna Callaghan was on the same journey.
    Timothy Connolly b. 1841 Cork, Ireland and his wife and 5 children emigrated from Ireland in 1871 to Australia
    John Connolly b. 1836 Cork, Ireland emigrated by himself to Canada between 1860-1871.

Any information would be most welcomed. Thank you very much.

Ireland was considered to be part of England and Wales so there would be no emigration records for anyone coming to England/Wales from Ireland and even after 1922 when things changed a little there were still no records on the ferries

Have you tried the Ellis Island https://www.ellisisland.org/

or this one https://www.castlegarden.org/

Don't know about the australian ones I have never had to look there as the rellies in Australia contacted me
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

There is no original image for this on ancestry
    Queensland, Australia, Passenger Lists, 1848-1912
    Dennis Connoly
    Age - 22
    Birth Year about 1840
    Ship Name - Prince Consort
    Port of Arrival - Brisbane
    Arrival Date - 2 Nov 1862

Queensland, Australia, Passenger Lists, 1848-1912
    Johanna Callahan
    Age - 22
    Birth Year - about 1840
    Ship Name - Prince Consort
    Port of Arrival - Brisbane
    Arrival Date - 2 Nov 1862
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Titanicfan

Thank you very much, Ladykis - I will try those two websites for the American records.

Thank you very much also to Christanel for confirmation of Dennis Connolly and Johanna Callaghan's immigration from Ireland to Australia. I have Australian connections now - that will be so interesting to research. Would it please be possible to have a quick look on Ancestry for me to check Timothy Connolly's immigration from Ireland to Australia c.1871 with his wife and 5 children? Sorry to keep asking but I'm chomping at the bit to find out more! If you need anything looked up on FMP UK please let me know.

Hi
    I did try to find Timothy and family yesterday but had no luck just using his name. Do you have the names of his wife and or children? Something may pop up under a different name.

Christina
    William Burroughs

John Connolly who went to Canada - do you know his wife's name, children, parent's names? Something I can use to get a handle on him.

Christina
    William Burroughs