wendy65

Default Seeking info on Charles 'Chuck' Hooley WW2

Information sought on Charles 'Chuck' Hooley, RAF Lancasters in WW2. Chuck recently died so info is for tribute.

Welcome to British-Genealogy wendy65

Information on WW11 servicemen is still held by the MOD and is not available online. You can apply for the records from Here

Unfortunately they do take some months to be processed so probably not of help in writing your tribute. Researching the RAF Lancasters could give you some general information about Charles' service?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

sheila99

Hi Wendy, Chuck was my uncle = my mum's brother. What is it you want to know? Not sure if I can help though but will try. regards Sheila99

wendy65

Hello, Sheila99. I have met Chuck's nephew - your brother? If so, he's been in touch with my father, Bill W. I edit a local newsletter and the next issue will include a piece about Chuck as he did so much for the area, holding various positions, etc. Really wanting to know of his military career and life before he and his wife moved to Hulland Ward. Anything received in time for his funeral - 19 June - can be included in service. Regards, Wendy65