bsage760

Default Richard Sage 1715

Seeking information for my husband's 5th great-grandfather born in Somerset 1715, married to
    Jane Clerch (uncertain spelling) 28 Dec. 1735 and died High Littleton 1768. Any information would be appreciated but especially his parents names. Thank you.

thewideeyedowl

Default High Littleton history website

Hi

There is a very useful website dedicated to the history of High Littleton and Hallatrow. There you will find transcriptions of parish registers and censuses (some from as early as 1811): highlittletonhistorydotorg. The transcriptions are in .pdf format, so you should be able to consult them without the bothersome pop-up that now seems to have been added to the site. (Wasn't there when I last visited last year.)

Owl
    Last edited by thewideeyedowl; 31-05-2014 at 2:11 PM. Reason: Removed live link because of pop-up ad.

bsage760

Thank you Owl. I did find the burial information in the registers.

thewideeyedowl

Default Curious Fox: Sages at Cameley

There is a little website called Curious Fox, which hosts history enquiries about families and villages. Searching for Cameley, one of 'my' villages, I came across these entries for/requests about SAGE: https://www.curiousfox.com/uk/r.lasso?vid=17656.

Not sure if they relate to your Sage family, but might be worth taking a look.

Owl