Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    begaar

Default History of Playford Hall (Estate)

Greetings from Down Unda.

My interest at the moment is Playford Hall
    It seems to have a very fascinating history about it that is very worth reading.
    From the beginning to the so called end, if there was that is.

The reason for this is a Family by the name of CUTTING who were very comfortable, lived there for about 20 odd years but there is very little findings of them, but they did come from Martlesham then it all came to a rock bottom ending in bankruptcy.
    Other names involved with them is Walford who were well off in Woodbridge.

One of the sons Joined the King's German Legion in 1813 at the age of 16yrs and was commissioned as an Ensign.

I'd be very interested if anyone has info and any links to follow up on.

Thanking in advance
    Wayne

A fountain of knowledge

The Bury and Norwich Post: Or Suffolk, Essex, Cambridge, Ely, and Norfolk Telegraph (Bury Saint Edmunds, England), Wednesday, October 21, 1818
    DIED
    On the 1st inst. at Newport Pagnell, Bucks, Mr John Cutting, formally of Playford Hall.
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Bury and Norwich Post: Or, Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridge, and Ely Advertiser (Bury Saint Edmunds, England), Wednesday, August 11, 1813
    MARRIED
    On the 6th ult, at Rochester, Lieut. Walford R.N to Mary, eldest daughter of Mr John Cutting, of Playford Hall, near Ipswich.

A fountain of knowledge

Star (London, England), Wednesday, December 28, 1791
    DIED
    Same day in his 80th year, William Parmenter, of Playford Hall, near Ipswich. Gent

A fountain of knowledge

Parmenter was the great uncle to John and Thomas Cutting. Since Parmenter died without issue he left it all to John and Thomas.
    Parmenter's will can be downloaded online from National Archives UK for a small fee.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ls?uri=D364985

A fountain of knowledge

The Ipswich Journal (Ipswich, England), Saturday, June 21, 1800
    Same day died, Mrs Cutting, wife of Mr John Cutting, of Playford Hall, near this town.

A fountain of knowledge

Wayne i noticed you are in Australia. Are you aware that you can obtain a National Library of Australia card which will enable you to have access to some British newspapers online and free?

https://www.nla.gov.au/getalibrarycard/

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by begaar View Post
    One of the sons Joined the King's German Legion in 1813 at the age of 16yrs and was commissioned as an Ensign.
    Name: Thomas Cutting. Rank: Ensign to Lieutenant. Regiments: 3rd Battalion King's German Legion; Half-Pay. Dates of Service: 1813-1816.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...?uri=C13329852

begaar

Wow Thank you ever so much genius and shippo.

Now I have my work cut out for a bit and yes "ship" I do have a nat lib card I will pursue that path as well.
    "ship" I notice that you have a few answers " are you part of the Cutting family"?

Regards
    Wayne

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by begaar View Post
    Wow Thank you ever so much genius and shippo.

Now I have my work cut out for a bit and yes "ship" I do have a nat lib card I will pursue that path as well.
    "ship" I notice that you have a few answers " are you part of the Cutting family"?

Regards
    Wayne

Nope im not part of the Cutting family im just a newspaper addict that just gets a kick out of checking newspapers out when querys like yours comes along

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast