Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Old to them, new to me this family I do seek!

I am eileen mcdonald, daughter of John Douglas Pipe & Thelma Louise Tollefsen. My father died when I was 3yrs old and my mother died in 2011 leaving her 6 kids ( all grown with children of our own) with 5 boxes of photos she knew only half the names to.. so that started me on the quest to find their names so that our children would not have to do this and that each would have copies. I hope to/plan on putting them all in a book for each us kids. I have an Aunty Olive ( Dad's sister) who published a book on Dad's side called PIPE PARBURY DEANE and I have been lucky enough to contact/been contacted by some of the living relatives of the ancestors… even reaching into the Key side of the family.. This "hobby" has gotten ahold of me or I "it" and is now a passion to go on…I have a private group on FB for each side of my families to get together and share information and pictures so our ancestors are not forgotten down through the years.

Welcome to British-Genealogy Eileen

I do envy you having so many boxes of photos even if you do have the frustration of trying to identify many of the subjects. Then you have a book as well! If only my lot had been so thoughtful.

No wonder you are in the grip of the genealogy bug and now you are amongst so many others with the same affliction.

If you are needing help then take a look at the forums and choose the most suitable on which to post your query. if not needing assistance just yet then maybe make a cuppa (or 2/3) and settle in and wander around the site for some very interesting and informative reading.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thankyou! I have been able to find some information since first coming in here.. but I will still pop in once in a while..

Nicolina

don't forget to ask the cousins etc. if they recognise any of your photos. My Cartwright cousins and I did this and, whilst not all but, most now have a name and a place in the family. I have recently been given a DVD of photos of my husband's family and am trying to sort them out but doubt that I'll have the same kind of success because no-one seems to know much about even aunts, uncles and cousins, never mind older generations.