Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deRothschild?

Indigo_Child

As far as I can determine Mabel Grace SINCOCK was b. 1886 Helston (Coverack Bridges) Cornwall ( 5c, 199). She died November 18, 1957 Launceston Hospital (probate will info) She married Ben T. Vanstone 1922, Redruth Cornwall (5c, 399 & an announcement in the local newspaper) I also have a handwritten letter from Edgar Thomas addressed to "Dear Father and Mabel" When I was young (5, 6) my "Grandma Van" came to visit several times but when my mother died, my father mentioned that my Grandma wasn't my grandmother. So I don't know now whether the Grandma Van who came to visit was Winifred or Mabel! My sister is digging through family photos which may help decide which "grandma" visited us!

No link that I can find between the Sincocks and anything "deRothschild" but I have to do more research on Mabel. She's quite elusive in the census of 1891, 1901 (where there was a Mabel Grace Sincock working as a "probationer nurse") and another mention in the 1911 census but I'm not sure whether it's "my" Mabel.

I have to wait until either my income tax return comes in because if it's really a good sum I'm going to get Ben T's & Mabel' marriage certificate which will verify many of the above details. If I don't get much back I'm going to have to wait until June 2015 when my daughter graduates from her nursing program (teaching and nursing seem to be professions that go through the family from the mid 1800's on strangely enough!).

As far as I know my mother only had the one marriage and was never divorced.

On my next "free trial" of Ancestry.co.uk I'll do more digging on Mabel Grace. I have to fill in the information I found with the free trial I just used last month. I dug out a great deal and need to get it into my charts and folders before I can map out what the next round of research will be.

Indigo_Child

Hard to say whether there is a connection but I would lean toward no. "My" Foleys seem to stay in the Launceston, Cornwall / Monk Okehampton / Jacobstowe, Devon areas most of their lives but who knows? One of them may have gotten adventurous! I'll put researching the Foley family tree / Edward Piner Foley line on my "to do" list when I use another "free trial"!

Following up #11 of this thread- Are these your Sincock in 1891/1901?
    1891 Trawnack? Sithney Cornwall RG12 1839 194 5 (Crown Copyright,TNA) - Grace Sincock wife M 32 b Cornwall Camborne; GRACE M Sincock dau 5 scholar b Sithney; Maud G Sincock dau 3 b Sithney
    Nb On Ancestry Com the family appear under the surname Thomas because of typographical error

1901 Census Cross St Camborne Cornwall RG13 2243 34 17 (Crown Copyright,TNA)
    Grace Sincock H Widow Charwoman worker 41 b Cornwall Helston;M GRACE Sincock dau 15 Lin? Su? (difficult to read because a line has been drawn through the occupation) b Helston; Emily Maud Sincock dau 14 b Helston
    Phillip

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Me chippin' in!

Have a look at ancesstry.co.uk this week end there is an Eastter Free offer on certain records...Probate looks like one of them !!!!!

good sum I'm going to get Ben T's & Mabel' marriage certificate
    £9.25 GBP ( 15.5$) from www.gro.co.uk

Edgar Thomas addressed to "Dear Father and Mabel
    Edgar Thomas was b1885 the eldest son of Benjamin Thomas VANSTONE & Mary A J nee ROGERS

Mabel Grace was therefore Edgars stepmother & Benjamin's 2nd wife.

Looking at BTV ( Head Teacher ) grant of probate, this was Granted to Mabel Grace widow / Charles Percival VANSTONE / Percy MILFORD
    The latter 2 are also named as Executors of Mabel Grace's Estate with Emily Maud SONCOCK

Indigo_Child

THANK YOU for all the input! I just realized earlier tonight that Ancestry.co.uk has a free weekend so I've been trying to fill in some holes.

Re: Philip's post: I found Grace Sincock's info on one of the census (too later right now to remember!) and realized she had been widowed but thank you immensely for the "Thomas" error. THAT is probably why I'm having trouble with the Sincock family research!

Re; Geneius - I had FINALLY figured out that Benjamin T. had a second wife two weeks ago and today, when I was organizing my filing cabinet, I found a letter a cousin sent me about 20 years ago with her name on it. Don't know why it was such a puzzle to me because once I saw the family tree he had drawn her name jumped out at me!! HOWEVER, that Emily Maud SONcock is a new one and thank you for tracing that for me. I would NEVER have thought to check under such a different spelling!

Enjoy your weekend with Ancestry, I am off to the seaside for the break!!!!

Indigo_Child

Ah-h-h... I envy you!! Right now I'm looking at a snowbank that is 4 foot high with a nasty wind whipping down from the northwest! Spring is at least a month behind. The daffodils should be blooming, the lake thawing, the geese calling, the robins chirping and what do we have??...... SNOW and lots of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12