tracyhay

Red face Hello everyone from New Zealand

Hi, I have lived in New Zealand since 1994 moving from Sale, Cheshire England. I have been researching my family tree for over 4 years and am just addicted!
    I struggle to find information for the O'connors in Ireland. Most of my ancestors came from Limerick, Northwich, Audley in Staffordshire and in Nether Hoyland in Yorkshire. I am looking forward to learning with you,
    Tracy

Welcome to British-Genealogy Tracy

I just love NZ! All my family is there.

Irish records are known to be difficult to source but we have some very knowledgeable members on our forums who know their way around them. (not me!)

Learning together is exactly why we all get together on Brit-Gen, it also is the best place for genealogy addicts.

When you feel ready choose a suitable forum for your queries and let's see if our friendly and knowledgeable sleuths can help you solve a mystery.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

tracyhay

Thanks so much for the lovely welcome Christina. I am going to post a question about my grandfather Patrick Oconnor. I cant fined anything on his wife Catherine from Wales so thats a good place to start! Thanks again

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Tracy
    Welcome to the forum - it is a great place with wonderful people going the extra mile to try to solve our problems.
    I wonder if you live anywhere near me - I'm near Hamilton.
    My wife and I emigrated in 1974 from Stretford, just up the road from Sale!!!
    David

tracyhay

Hi David, We may even have met! We came from Sale but lived in Urmston for many years. In fact that is where I would have been in 1974, on Moorside Road. Its also where I was born! We lived in the Manawatu for 10 years but have lived in Christchurch for the last 10. I'm really looking forward to filling in the gaps on my tree and it looks like someone has already answered my thread about family in Wales. Better go and look!, thanks for writing, Tracy