Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

It would seem from comments in the feedback section that some people have been offered a two month extension of their subscription. FMP really need to announce that for all their yearly-sub members, and pro rata for other people.

Obviously people have been leaving feedback since before the launch of the new site (though currently that word would be more accurately spelt if it had an 'h' in it! ) and Paul Dunlop must now be regretting writing (25 Jan) such comments as
    With the upcoming launch of the new findmypast platform, there will be significant improves to our Census search facilities.
    You will be able to sort by numerous new options, as well as have more refined record filters.
    and on February 23
    We have a number of improvements planned to our search and organisation mechanisms. These will be rolling out to customers over the coming weeks, as part of the new findmypast platform.
    I'm making screen caps of them. Handy for Trading Standards.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    And 2 days on I still can't log on - I still can't change my password - I still haven't had a response to my messages to them.

I am now really angry - there is no excuse for this kind of appalling customer service.

At least Ancestry have the decency / courage to offer a phone line to call for help.
    FMP did use to have a phone contact number and on several occasions I have spoken to a very helpful young man called Liam. I don't know when they removed the phone number though admittedly I would hate to be working for FMP and having to answer the phone at the moment. Any problems customers have are not the fault of the Customer Service Team who will be getting the full force of anger that should be directed to the people who are in charge of the company.

The website does say
    We try our best to answer all email inquiries within two working days, if not sooner.
    and I suspect that at the moment if FMP had a thousand people at work they would be pushed to reply within two working days. If you haven't kept a copy of your previous email I would suggest you send another one (saying that it's a repeat) and keep a copy. You then have proof that you've contacted them with a problem when asking for an extension of your sub.

Pam

Starting to feel at home

Parochial marriage registers which were there yesterday, honestly, have gone today on findmypast.

What's happening?

frangelico

Hi Rainshoe

I tried the new search facilty on Find my Past last night and I am in agreement with you.

raineshoe

Quote Originally Posted by frangelico View Post
    Hi Rainshoe

I tried the new search facilty on Find my Past last night and I am in agreement with you.
    I'm glad to see its not just me.

Incidentally, since I posted this I had contacted FMP at the same time as posting. I have had no response from them whatsoever. It will be bye bye FMP if they don't have the courtesy to respond to my follow up.

Starting to feel at home

And now they're back!

raineshoe

What's back? I still get the new search whatever I try.

Tried searching again for William Street in Clayton-le-Moors which is near us as a test to see if anything any better. I got - 29,839,210 results which started with Paddington in London. I am either doing something wrong or its an excellent search facility..... NOT

Ken_R

The "journo's" at the WDYTYA magazine have secured a Q&A session with FMP over the weekend.

Jon Bauckham, Staff Writer, has invited questions to be posed by emailing him at,

[email protected]

The link.....
    whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic10499-20.html

Go to page 3 of the discussion.

(Usual add WWW etc applies)

Thanks for finding that Ken.
    I've sent in my question,

Pam

In fairness I have to say that FMP did find me a Jane using simply her first name and 'born 1869 in Stamford' very quickly and easily (once I'd scrolled down to the 1871 census) which Ancestry flatly refused to find.
    Ancestry also have the surname mistranscribed, though I didn't use that in my search.

Pam

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast