MelissaJKelly

Default Melissa from Nottingham.

Hey guys!!

I'm new to this forum, just signed up today! Excited to speak to you all to hear your exciting family research stories. I'm only 21, and my Mum has always wanted to learn about her family history, although she's not very technical, nor has the patience for it, so I've decided to help her out as it's always interested me too and now I'm very much into it, although I have hit a few brick walls on my research.

Would be great to hear from you guys, and specifically anyone from Nottingham!!

Take care!

A big welcome to British-Genealogy Melisssa

It is great to welcome a young person who is taking an interest in their ancestors. Most of us didn't get started until much later, when those who could have given us so much information, were no longer with us.

We love to tackle brickwalls on these forums so get posting on the relevant forum.. We may not have started our research when young, but we do have a large, collective, bank of knowledge and we love to share it with others.

Oh and tell your Mum we don't bite so if she wants to venture on to Brit-Gen we will treat her gently.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome in, Melissa.
    Have a wander around, see what takes your interest, and post something about one of your brick walls. We have people who like nothing more than brick wall demolition!

Hi Melissa
    I'm in Nottingham but all my research is in north Derbyshire.
    Any help I can give you let me know

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

Hi Melissa Jade,,,welcome to the forum Wish I had taken an interest in my family history at your age ! Have a look around the forum,,and post your querys,,,im sure we can help.

Hi Melissa,

It's great to hear of one so young being interested in family history; I wish I'd taken an interest while my grandparents were alive, I do remember some family stories they told but would love the opportunity to ask them about their parents', and their interests, what education they had, how often they travelled from the village into town.........oh, I'd have so many questions relating to things I often wonder about. You have a great advantage, make the most of it by asking question after question after question.

Any brickwalls you have - do post details on the relevant forum and the sleuths here will do their best to help.

Most of all enjoy the hobby, and your time spent here.

MelissaJKelly

Thanks a lot guys! You all seem super helpful, muchly appreciated! I'll be trying to work my way around the site to post my brick wall scenarios for anyone willing to help me demolish them!! Apologises in advance if I post in the wrong place!!

Thanks again guys!! Take care!