Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thebear20_0

Default Julius Pekrul to Canada

Hi
    I have been trying to find when my Great Grandfather came to Canada? (Julius Pekrul)
    He is listed in the 1901 Canadian census his year of arrival is 1895.
    I don't know what port.
    I have tried all sort of different site to no avail.
    Some of the passenger lists I have looked at on Canadian Archives site only have like 2 passengers.
    Does any one have any ideas how I can find him?
    Thanks Dale

Welcome to British-Genealogy Dale

I have given your post a thread of its own which will bring it to the attention of more of our members and hopefully get you some answers.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome to Brit - Gen

Dale, can you tell us when and where Julius was born, please? Also, where was he living in 1901, and with whom?

nichbuket

Hi,

I see a Julius Pekrul, born in 1858 Russia, living in Canada in 1901/1906 with his wife Adela/Adelaide and their children. These mention the immigration year as 1896. Searching around I stumbled across a border crossing from Canada to Montana for a Julius Pekrul and his son Albert (which matches 1906 census) in Nov 1911. It lists his contact in the previous country as wife Adelaide. This immigration document lists Julius as German though. Was he originally from Russia or Germany?

nichbuket

The boarder crossing also says that Julius lived in New York for a time before going to Montreal in Sept 1896. Looking closely, I believe it says Imm, possibly saying he immigrated to New York.

Nichbucket, I agree that the records you've posted seem the most likely. Maybe 1895 was a typo, Dale?

If Julius did first arrive in America and lived in NY we need to be looking for a passenger list to U.S.

Border Crossings, Canada to US
    Adelheide Pekrul age 72 born c1859 Poland
    Arrived 30 Jul 1931
    At Eastport, Idaho,

Immigrated 1891.

There is more information but it is very faint so whether it is helpful or not I can't tell. Can anybody else read it?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thebear20_0

Hi All
    Julius was born in Poland on May 4 1898.
    They came to Canada around 1895 from Europe.
    I don't know a port of departure or arrival.
    He came with his wife Adelheide and children.
    His children name are Albert & Benjamin & Gustave & Olga & Reinhold & Martha.
    The rest of the children were born in Canada.
    I know about the crossings between Canada & the USA and the census records I transcribed some of the census that Julius collected.
    The Julius that went to the USA in the 1930s was a nephew.
    Julius that lived in New York then came to Montreal where did you find this I don't know about this.
    I believe he was born in Poland but it might have been under Russian or German rule?
    In 1901 if I remember correctly he was living in Wetaskiwin Alberta but I will check my records.
    Thanks Dale

nichbuket

Hi Dale,

The info about Julius living in New York before Montreal came from page 2 of the Nov 1911 boarder crossing.

~Nich

thebear20_0

The year that Julius was born is 1858 not 1898 Sorry about the typo.
    Dale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast