Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thebear20_0

Hi Nich
    This does not sound like the same Julius in 1911 he was well established in Southey Saskatchewan.
    He died in 1912 in Southey Saskatchewan.
    Thanks Dale

Indigo_Child

Wetaskiwin Alberta is QUITE a ways from any (watery) port of entry he could have made. Guesses to check first for me at least would be HALIFAX and MONTREAL which might narrow the search list down a bit. If he landed in Newfoundland it would be difficult to get off of "The Rock" and go elsewhere in Canada.

What was the border crossing into Montana? Alberta shares a border with Montana and one of the busier crossings is the Glacier National Park entry point. Son't know what it would have been back in the early 1900's. I'll see if I can find anything on that.

Now, for the border crossings where he would go from New York to Montreal - the LaCombe, Quebec is one of the bigger Canada/US border crossings. I'll check online for the other major one (can't remember what its name was from 40 years ago!)

Hope this helps and doesn't make it even more of a tangle!

Indigo_Child

HI again Dale. Have you checked this site out? It has up-to-date records including passenger lists. https://www.genealogyintime.com/Genea...ds_Canada.html

Also the border crossings I was thinking about were LACOLLE (not LaCombe!) or in the US the CHAMPLAIN Border Crossing. The other crossing that's been around forever is ROUSES POINT (at least on the US side) Rouses Point might go back into at least the 1850's because it's the site of Fort Ticonderoga a fort built by the Americans in the War of 1812 ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BORDER i.e in Canada! Don;t know if the walls of the fort are still visible but back in the 50's & 60's was still something there to see (which is why I remember Rouses Point!)

Indigo_Child

More information. In this link there are a number of people with the surname "Pekrul" mentioned.https://www.genealogyintime.com/Genea...ch_engine.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12