Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Good thought, will also have another look around. Can you give a full tramscription of the marriage ceertificate, I am thinking here of addresses occupations etc
    Right here goes:

Marriage solemnized @ St Mary's Chapel in the district of Manchester

When married:19th May 1861 Occupation Residence Fathers Name/Surname Rank or Profession

Thomas Bunting 20yr Bachelor Labourer in Foundry 15 Mulberry Street Abraham Bunting Joiner
    Water Street
    Manchester

Margaret Connor 18yr Spinster Frame Tenter 15 Mulberry Street Peter Connor Labourer
    Cotton Manchester

Married in the St Marys Chapel according to the rites of the Catholic Church by me
    Matthias Formby
    The marriage {xThomas Bunting} in the {Roger G? Connor}
    was solemnized{xMargaret Connor} Presence { x Mary Moran} Addison?Gardner
    by us of us Registrar

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by bettyespana View Post
    Right here goes:

Marriage solemnized @ St Mary's Chapel in the district of Manchester

When married:19th May 1861 Occupation Residence Fathers Name/Surname Rank or Profession

Thomas Bunting 20yr Bachelor Labourer in Foundry 15 Mulberry Street Abraham Bunting Joiner
    Water Street
    Manchester

Margaret Connor 18yr Spinster Frame Tenter 15 Mulberry Street Peter Connor Labourer
    Cotton Manchester

Married in the St Marys Chapel according to the rites of the Catholic Church by me
    Matthias Formby
    The marriage {xThomas Bunting} in the {Roger G? Connor}
    was solemnized{xMargaret Connor} Presence { x Mary Moran} Addison?Gardner
    by us of us Registrar
    Sorry despite editing this it still hasn't come out right on screen.
    Just to explain Roger Connor & Mary Moran were witnesses .
    Matthias Formby carried out the marriage ceremony
    & what looks like Addison Gardiner was the Registrar.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

The penny has just dropped with me, this Church is known as 'The Hidden Gem' and it is on Mulberry St, so the couple were living on the same street possibly for Banns convenience.

I cannot find Abraham BUNTING with a son Thomas. I

I think the CONNOR family are at RG9 2891 64 38, Clare St Hulme . There are 47 pages in the return, you may find Thomas & Margaret ......

bettyespana

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    The penny has just dropped with me, this Church is known as 'The Hidden Gem' and it is on Mulberry St, so the couple were living on the same street possibly for Banns convenience.

I cannot find Abraham BUNTING with a son Thomas. I

I think the CONNOR family are at RG9 2891 64 38, Clare St Hulme . There are 47 pages in the return, you may find Thomas & Margaret ......
    Yes,I know the church is known as the Hidden Gem in Manchester,& we visited there many years ago when we lived in the Uk.
    I will try to get access to the 1861c & see if I can find Thomas & Margaret in there.
    I really am convinced that Abraham Bunting does not exist.

Thank you very much for the time you have spent looking for Abraham & Thomas.

Kind regards
    Betty

Name well known on Brit-Gen

When looking at the 1861 census you are looking for an unmarried couple, they married a few weeks after the census in April.

Think you may be roght about Abraham, all those o nthe UK census didnot have a son Thomas

I was a bit slow about the Church, people I worked with used to drop in there usually on a friday!

Jx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12