sp0011

Default CLARISSA HOWELL b.St Arvans c.1786 is missing

Clarissa was first seen at her Wedding in 1808 to William Brown in St Arvans. The witnesses were Walter (possibly her brother) and Jane (probably Walter's wife). I have been able to trace her whereabouts from then onwards, including her second marriage to John Powell in 1846.

I really need to find Clarissa's parents. If anyone knows where they can be found, please would they let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Simon
    NZ

familysearch.org
    Banns for Walter Howell and Jane Hartler
    14 May 1797
    At Mitchel Troy, Monmouthshire, Wales

Marriage 5 June 1897 at same place bride's name Jane Hartlen.

Still no help with the parents. Have you tried ordering the film in from your nearest LDS centre in case there is more information on it?
    Alternatively you can order a photocopy by email Here

Reading this post may help

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I see by your public tree on ancestry that you already have this information and the copy of the marriage record.

Christina
    William Burroughs

sp0011

Hi Christina
    I've got a copy of Walter & Jane's marriage record from the register. The witnesses are John & Ann Holmes, so no real help there. The real telling one for me is that at Clara/Clarissa's second wedding in 1846 St Arvans to John Powell, her father's name is listed as "blank". Maybe she didn't know who he was?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Simon
    NZ

Hi Simon
    no father's name on the marriage certificate points to Clarissa being the daughter of an unmarried mother doesn't it?

Looking at Hugh Wallis' site it seems that available christening records for Mitchel Troy are from 1592-1717 and 1819-1865 only.
    I also note that he says the LDS list Monmouthshire as being in England!

Maybe a look on Genuki to see what it says about Monmouthshire, its various parishes and records held could give some helpful hints.

Christina
    William Burroughs

sp0011

Hi Christina

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. Do you think that means her mother is a Howell? I have collected together all the St Arvans Howell info I can find from every source to help identify who might tie in with whom. I'll see if I can find anything useful.

The references to Mitchel Troy are strange. I have found references to both Walter's and Clarissa's weddings in Mitchel Troy and in St Arvans. Family Search has Mitchel Troy, FreeReg has St Arvans. Odd!

Any other thoughts gratefully accepted too.
    Thanks
    Simon
    NZ