Default GERALD JOHN LEVEY-EMMA STELLA LANGLEY

This new thread develops the original data on one of the children of Joseph Edwin Levey and Sara Cohen posted on in a previous thread.
    Gerald John Levey 1886-1950 married Emma Stella LANGLEY 1889-1977. Her parents were George Langley 1863-1948 and Ann Louis RICE 1875-1900. Emma was born 1889 Sydney NSW and died 1977 Newcastle NSW. Her father's original family surname was OTTOLANGUI ( the spelling of the surname varies). George Langley and Ann L Rice were married 1888 Sydney NSW.
    There is a main website which contains data on the Ottolangui/Langley lines and their origins. The Australian Birth Index has reference to births of children to George Langley and Ann L including- Beatrice I Langley 1888 Sydney NSW; Robert M Langley 1892 Woollhara NSW; Emma Stella Langley 1889 Sydney NSW. There is an additional records of a birth to Maude V Langley 1887 Sydney NSW where the parents first names are George and Ann but I do not know if this relates to the correct parents of Robert, Emma, Beatrice.

Marriage- The Hebrew Standard of Australasia 13 Jan 1911- Mr Gerald John Levey son of Mr and Mrs J E Levey Glenview St Paddington to Miss Emma Stella Langley daughter of Mr George Langley, Liverpool Street Paddington- take place at the Great Synagogue Monday next Jan 16 at 3 o'clock.

I am still confirming whether or not Gerald and Emma had one or two sons- There is record of Probate from Robert Edwin Levey late of Newcastle NSW member of the Australian Imperial Forces deceased last will and testament date 8 Feb 1937 granted to Gerald John Levey, Emma Stella Levey and Athelstane George Levey executors- Newcastle Morning Herald and Miner's Advocate Thurs 13 Dec 1945. I believe that Robert died in a POW Camp in Borneo WW2. I will confirm this.

Athelstane George Levey son of Gerald and Emma was born Newcastle NSW 1911 and died 27 June 2000. He married Eileen Margaret HENDERSON 1912 1994. There is a living descendant.

The burial details of Gerald John Levey - Levey- The relatives and friends of the late Gerald John Levey of "Toxtheth", 58 Denison St Hamilton are advised that his remains were privately cremated at Beresfield on Friday 28,1950. Newcastle Morning Herald and Miner's Advocate Sat 29 April, 1950.
    His Probate- Gerald John Levey tobacco merchant of Hamilton who died April 26,1950 age 63. Left an estate of £79,937.He bequeathed the the whole of his estate to his widow Emma Stella Levey and his son Athelstane George Levey. The Sydney Morning Herald Friday 6 July, 1951.

Phillip

Default ROBERT EDWIN LEVEY 1914-1945

In #1 of this thread I referred to Robert Edwin Levey as the son of Gerald John Levey and Emma Stella Langley. This follow up post is to confirm data on Robert who was a Private 2/10th Field Ambulance AIF Medical Corp. Son of Gerald John and Emma Stella Levey of Hamilton. He died Sandakan POW Camp North Borneo age 31 on 14 June 1945 and is commemorated on the Labuan Memorial Panel 26. There is a website online which contains his photograph taken in 1940.

Phillip