Thread: Hello All!

cwease

Question Hello All!

I have several names in my research, most recently I have:

Titus Hinchcliff, father listed as a "Mark Hinchcliff" but I cannot find anything further.
    B:1759 in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, England
    D:1811 in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, England

Titus was married to Betty Wilson B: 25 Sep 1767 in Scarborough, Yorkshire, England
    Marriage was 1784 in Dewsbury.

Most of my data comes from ancestry.com, and I do have a family history put together which specifies that his son, John Hinchcliff
    B:10 Apr 1789 in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, England
    D:14 Jan 1856 in Carterville, Williamson, Illinois, United States

brought his family to the States and his son, William Hinchcliff
    Birth 28 FEB 1818 in Dewsbury, Yorkshire, England
    Death 22 AUG 1859 in Williamson Co., IL

is my 3rd great-grandfather, on mother's side.

So my question, what is with the Dewsbury connection for so many Hinchcliffe and Hinchcliff families?

Are there any cousins out there to connect with, who are searching for far-flung cousins, too?

Thanks for helping, and I will post other names and information as time goes by. I appreciate all the help board members provide to each other.

Cwease

Welcome to Brit-Gen cwease

Now that you have put your research data on BG it does have a better chance of being picked up by others online who are researching the same names.

As this forum is just for introducing yourself may I suggest that if you need some help with a specific pesky ancestor you pick a relevant forum and see what our helpful and knowledgeable members come up with.

Enjoy discovering what Brit-Gen has to offer. You never know your surnames may already be in our Surname Forum

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hatshepsut

Hi Cwease....you have done a lot of work...I hope you have great success in your search.