Default Edna & Fred Hardy Pendle Hill area

My mum Jean Smallman late of Chorlton, Manchester died one year ago today. My mum sadly kept her family history quiet despite me questioning her.Through my searches I know certain links. Her mum was Edith Hamlett who became Sargeson. when she married 1922. She had a sister Sarah Elizabeth who married an Arthur Lindley in 1914. They had children Edna b1918 and Frank b1920. It has been difficult as the census only goes to 1911.

Sarah and Edith had a younger sister Elizabeth Ann (Aunt Fan) who lived in Grindleton. On vists to her, I remember visiting Edna in the Pendle Hill area, it was not too far from Grindleton by car. She had a house set back from the main road and Pendle Hill was in view. I believe it could have been around the area of Downham, Sawley, Gisburn. Having now looked on GOOGLE maps the area is quite compact.

Edna / Fred married in 1941 and Frank / Mary. Frank aged 24 married a Mary Frost in 1944 and was then a Sub Lieutenant Fleet air arm On one search Ilinked to overseas consular birth indices possible children..

I seem to be stuck as I would like to make some contact with any of surviving relatives, of course they may have moved. So I seek some local knowledge if indeed Edna and Fred will be very old.

Thank you smallham47

Brick wall demolition expert!

Have you thought about putting an ad in one of the local newspapers?

One of the key papers in Lancashire is the Lancashire Evening News: lep.co.uk/

I am locking this thread as there is a duplicate thread Here

Thanks for your reply Megan

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs