Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eburridge1

hi peggy, thanks for your post, i have the death cert. of my great, great grandmother who died in 1894. her brother john was with her when she died. i also have the death cert. of my great grandmother who died in prestwick lunatic asylum , her death cert. is signed by the superintendent. i have tried to obtain the death cert. of my grandfather john thomas keane but the recorda office says no death cert. was issued which seems funny as i know when & where he is buried. john and john thomas were buried together,in may 1907 john was 50yrs and john thomas was 34 years. it makes it hard when there are so many similar names. thanks again ethel

Famous for offering help & advice

Hello Ethel

If I have the correct family the burials are on the Lancs opc website for Rawtenstall cemetery - John Thomas Keane 28th May 1907, John Valentine Keane 20th May. Corresponding death registrations on free BMD Haslingden district.

I think I see this family in 1881 as Cain with Mary b 1832 and daughter Elizabeth and son John all born Tipperary plus grandchildren John Thomas and Levi.But I may be wrong.

Still doesn't help with Irish records though. Sorry.

eburridge1

hi grisel thank you for your interest and post. i have the census for 1891 i thought mary,elizabeth were born in co cork not tipperary so i shall give tipperary a go, i might be lucky. thank you ethel

Loves to help with queries

Hi Ethel
    Did they have any children in Ireland 1864 or later? Civil registration started in Ireland in 1864, and if you found a birth it might help pinpoint the family. You could check the Irish Civil Registration Index 1864-1958 on familysearch.org
    Also as he was a blacksmith it may be worth looking for him in trade and postal directories. In Munster these were done annually in the mid 19th century. There are links to a number available free online if you look at www.censusfinder.com/ireland.htm
    Jill

eburridge1

hi jill thanks for your post. no they didn't have any children, they arrived in england about 1872 when my grand father was born. my gt. grandfather could have married in county cork about 1845 to a mary parker at holy trinity cork 24/7/45 or a mary ann o'eary at cove by cloyne 8/11/45. the only information i have is my gt. grandmother could have been baptised in co cork in 1852. is this any help to you? thank you ethel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12