Thread: Free Forester

Free Forester

Default Free Forester

I've been doing family history since 1980. Since the advent of online sites I have made great strides and am now moving "sideways" as my family and my husband's were fairly easy to sort out. I have had some of my maternal grandfather's papers for many years, but have not used them for actual research. I thought I would do it now in case any of the grandchildren needed it in this centenary year. I am a member of our local archaeology group, and we have just completed the excavation of a paddock in our village which has been untouched since the Romans left. Great photos! I appreciate help and am always willing to help others if I can.

Hallo Free Forester, and a very warm welcome to BG. I see you have already posted a couple of times and so are finding your feet. You'll soon be like the rest of us - utterly addicted to this forum
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Hatshepsut

G'day Free Forester and welcome to the best and most addictive genea site on the net.
    Oooo...local archaeology....is that like 'Time Team'?

Free Forester

It's a bit like Time Team, but without the money! Very exciting at times, but non-digging periods can be boring. We have actually been on TT, often local groups could go and help (but only with plebs jobs of course)

Hatshepsut

maybe plebs but where would some of these programmes be without the people behind the scenes?