Devonmade

Default John Luke Williams - Plymouth.

John Luke Williams was one of 14 children born to George and Mary Frances Williams of Plymouth Devon. John was born in 1890 and he died in 1977 in Plymouth. On the 1911 census he is working in a Plymouth hotel as a porter and is listed as single. During WW1 he served with the RAMC. When he was pensioned off in 1919 he was awarded a sum of money for one child, Edith, the address on the documents is for a street in Plymouth.

I have now found an obituary for him in 1977 where it mentions his wife Edith plus his daughter Edith and two other daughters. Despite trawling through many available web sites I have found no marriage to an Edith or birth certificates for any of the three girls with the same mother. I wonder if anyone else may be willing to take a look. I'm sure that I must be missing something.

Regards, Sue

Sue, I appreciate you can't post the first names of the two daughter's born after Edith, but can you please give the initial of their of first names.

Do you know approx year of Edith (dau) birth?

Reputation beyond repute

There are only three births of an Edith Williams in Plymouth from 1911 to 1919.

Have you eliminated all three mothers ie found marriages to another Williams? You seem to have searched for a marriage. I'm saying search for absence of a marriage.

Otherwise just get GRO to search for you - father John Luke Williams, mother unknown.