Thread: Chris

kryswyl

Default Chris

Hello. I have just registered. I have been trying to trace my paternal ancestors for a number of years off and on but only in the last few months have I met with any success. I have no known living relatives on this side of my family but from what I have discovered feel there may be many cousins. I would love to see some family photos and any documents to help piece things together. I am looking for surnames Wilson, Lodge, Wood,Fisher, Calow and Callow. My late aunt was Calow & she married a Callow - she said it was another L! Looking forward to plenty of advice and hopefully contacts. Mostly Nottingham but also Derbyshire, Loughborough,Stoke on Trent and Birmingham

Greetings Chris, and a very warm welcome to BG. Have a good look round, and then post your queries on the relevant forum when you are ready. We have plenty of members who love a challenge!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Dom1

Hi Chris, welcome aboard.
    I was in a very similar situation trying to trace one of my paternal great-grandmother's family. My father wasn't even sure of her first name - he though Alice or Harriet and someone in that family had been a lion tamer. The only other information I had to go on was my grandfather's name, John Mann and a rough idea of his birth-date. I shan't bore you with my research, but from this scant information I have managed to trace this branch back to the early 18th Century and discovered the identity and life-story of the lion tamer and found news clippings and pictures. So all is not lost!

kryswyl

Many thanks. That gives me some hope and I am looking forward to the challenge

Hatshepsut

G'day Chris...you have landed in the right place. I have had great success with some of my ancestors thanks to the members on here so I'm sure you get lots of help.