Jacqueline Mary

Default Hi I'm Jacqueline

Hi Guys,

I have just found your site, can't believe I've not found it before. I have been researching my family history since 2001 when the 1901 census went online. I had remembered some names my grandmother told me and found them on the census, that was it I was hooked.

I used to hope I would find someone titled or famous, but we are good old working class stock, no strangers to the workhouse, but I'm proud of them all. I'm lucky enough to have some old family photos which I have framed on the wall, my kids call them the dead people and are not very interested unfortunatly.

I have a couple of brickwalls to climb, so will post them and see if anyone can help.

Welcome to Brit-Gen Jacqueline

I think most of us would like to tizzy up our tree sometimes with someone a little more exciting but when we look at our ancestors lives and where we are now our ag lab/labourers did alright by us didn't they?

Take a look around the forums and decide which one is the best for your brick wall and I am sure it won't be too long before help comes along from our friendly and knowledgeable sleuths.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hatshepsut

Hi and welcome to the site, Jacqueline. We have some very enthusiastic members who love to knock down brick walls....I'm sure you will get lots of help. Don't worry about your kids....they will get 'hooked' on genealogy some time!