Andy C

Default Hi from Stockport, Cheshire.

Hello all,
    I'm new to the site so be gentle with me. I'm relatively new to researching my family history, having been at it for about 18 months I've had no end of trouble trying to find the facts. The main line I'm researching contains some almost non existent family members. I can't find where some have originated from or ended up, but can see where they have been briefly. Some have links to Ireland and Philladelphia so probably wont be found through these forums, but anything is worth a look.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to helping others along the way if I can.

Regards,
    Andy Coghlan

Hello Andy and welcome to Brit-Gen

We have so many helpful and knowledgeable members here that any ancestors trying to hide, no matter where, have to work very hard to stay hidden.

Sort out the one you want to attack first, pick the forum that seems most suitable and give us all the info you have. Then we can get to work.

By the way, we are always gentle with everybody -

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Gypsyrose51

Hi Andy,
    What names are you researching. My family originated in Lancashire and my father was born in Stockport, Cheshire as it was then.

Andy C

Hello Christina and Gypsyrose51, thanks for the warm welcome,
    I have posted my enquiry on the general posts thread which shows various names I'm researching. I'm a Lancashire lad, but moved to Stockport over 15yrs ago, It's still Cheshire!!

Hatshepsut

Hi Andy...welcome to the site. Your ancestors will have trouble hiding from some of our brick wall demolition experts!