NicSmith

Red face A real mix of origins

Hi there! My name is Nicolette! I'm Dutch, married to an Englishman and I'm researching both sides of the family and because I love this 'ferreting' as my husband calls it, I also research the history of previous owners and their families of the house we've just bought which has a history as far back as 1850.

We have a whole mix of origins in our family histories. I started getting into this after my mum asked me to look into an ancestor on her side of the family - there's me surprised to find my family wasn't entirely Dutch, but originated from France and one of them married an English lady from London. Unfortunately is have trouble finding any information on her, so I'll be asking my detailed questions on this forum and see if I can get anywhere. My husband has Italian ancestors, through ancestry I've already been able to piece the story together further than his mum and uncle and we have even found some interesting stories dating further back and found pirates in the family.
    I love finding out about the stories behind the names and get an idea of what their lives have been like.

Hallo Nicolette, and a very warm welcome to BG. I also have ancestors from around the globe and it can prove challenging! We have plenty of members here who love a challenge though, so I look forward to reading details of your family quest in the relevant place.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Hatshepsut

Hi Nicolette, welcome to the site. You have landed in the right place as we all love 'ferreting' for our ancestors