Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Jules
    See also JewishGen UK Data base 1851 Census for George Melville Louisson ID 18447 and family plus other data. See London Traders data base which has records for George at 16 Goodmans Stile umbrella maker in 1835 Robson and at 10 Goodmans Stile Pigot 1836 before moving to 30 Leman Street.See also British Jewry Archives "Sephardic Roots" 16 Jan 2002 which has an early enquiry from Sherry Landa co founder of BJ regarding her own links to the Louisson. You may discover that she has a lot more data on the lines.

Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Thanks for the information Phillip, I will pass it on. Im helping a friend (John Louisson) research his family. It was a surprise to find out that the surname was originally Isaac. So its taking time to take in all this new information. You have been a great help. I'm not sure I understand was you are talking about in post #40, unless it was the marriage of George to Julia, if so I found it on
    https://synagoguescribes.com/blog/per...ls/?value=3489. Do you think this is wrong ???
    Regards Julie

Loves to help with queries

Hi Phillip, re post 41, I will, thanks for all your help
    Regards Julie

David Louisson

May help - see my comments 465 on HENRY LEVY LEWIS-SOPHIA LEVY LEWIS threads.
    It looks as if Joel Isaacs in fact changed his name to Lewisson when he was in Holland during Buonapart's occupation (1806/8), presumably after, and/to escape the Kent court hearing in 1808. Any thoughts welcome
    David Melville Louisson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345