Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Follow up to #14 of this thread- See Synagogue Scribes GSM 150/49 Marriage Edward Jacob JONES Hebrew name Ari; father's Hebrew name Abraham 6 July 1853 -Phoebe JACOBS Hebrew name Fradel; father's Hebrew name Meir
    Then see Cemetery Scribes Abraham Jacob Jones 1805-1870 ID 1120 married 1 Sarah GOLDSMID 2 Rosetta HURST
    Abraham and Sarah look like the parents of Edward.
    The Jewish Victorian.Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger 2004 Pub Robert Boyd- Death- Abraham J JONES 2.3.1870 at Sittingbourne Kent of 40 Newington Crescent SE aged 66 years- one of the founders of the Jews Orphan Asylum Tenterden Ground- see Sophia Jones wife; Celia Jones dau/Celia Marks; Mrs S B Cohen dau;Rose Jones dau/Rose Freedman;Mrs M Jacobs sister;Mrs Jacobson sister
    This data gives you the opportunity to fill in further lines.
    Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Hi Phillip thank you for information. I found a marriage - Michael Jacobs to Rachel Joseph 8 Jan 1823. Rachel fathers Hebrew name "Shmuel", Michael's Hebrew name is "meir" and his fathers Hebrew name is "Eliahu".
    Question does Shmuel mean Samuel and Eliahu mean Elias ??. On the 1841 UK Census. There is Elias Jacobs 70yr (1771) Middlesex, Goodmans Fields, Rosemary Lane, occup "clothier", children Leah Jacobs 25, Abraham Jacobs 20. on the 1851 census Elias 84yr same place, daughter Leah Jacobs, daughter Pricilla Abrahams, with her children Elias 7, Joseph 7, Elizabeth 4. Pricilla is a widow. I wonder if this is Micheal Jacobs father. As they appear to be in the same occup, same area ??? (but that doesn't fit with your find Pricilla Jacobs m Samuel Marks 1833). If not Michael's father then maybe uncle ???
    Also found Possible marriage of Eilias Jacob 7 Dec 1796 to Betsy Lazarus (Hebrew name) Breinala, father Yespe (or Yesfe, Jezle) form Worms. Eilias father Hebrew name Meir "pencilmaker".
    Death found for Myer Jacob "pencil maker, of Cable St, Rosemary Lane died 12 Aug 1793, buried in the Orchim Regal.
    Lots to look at and consider, I'm afraid I may be a little out of my depth. I will have a look at the info you gave me today.
    Also do you have any information on the Pyke Line & any info on George Melville Louisson (Isaac)
    Regards Julie

Hi Phillip, I just found a tree on Ancestry "Bensusan Family tree" that has Pricilla Jacobs daughter of Elias Jacobs. Her first marriage was to Samuel Marks he died 1838, her 2nd marriage was to Hyman Abrahams Oct 1842, he died 1848. So it looks like Elias on the 1841 & 1851 census is Michael Jacob's father & sibblings. Pricilla also has her brother Moses living with her on 1861 census.
    So if possible would like more information on the Pyke line
    Regards Julie

Jules
    As you know my paternal Hart line connects to the Pyke line namely Moses Lewis Pyke/Esther Hart through their daughter Rachel who married Bernard Hart. This Hart line also connects to the Goldsmid families. Bernard is the son of Aaron Hart/Rebecca Crawcour my 3x great grandparents. I also have another Hart relative who married into the Goldsmid. Without going into too much detail, there are several Hyamson family trees on the Pyke ( Snoek) lines originally from Amsterdam.
    Can I suggest that you map out what you currently have on the lines and let me know what is missing. With regard to George Louisson I think I posted data on him but what precisely do you want to know? I have already begun to write a book on my family history ( may end up as books because of the quantity of data) and am putting information on all the relevant lines including collaterals.
    Phillip

Hi Phillip, I would like to find the parents of Julia Pyke (married to George M Louisson) if its possible. I think Ive found all I can on George M Louisson through yours and other posts, but haven't found anything on Julia Pyke, would like to find who her parents are. Also Looking to find Rachel Joseph's line. At this stage I'm only looking at direct lines, This is what I have so far.
    Louisson line-
    1..Reb Isaac (father of Levy Isaac) Unknown wife
    2..Levy Isaac's Hebrew name was Judah Leib ben Isaac married to Boonley (found information on Levy Isaac, not his wife)
    3..Joel Isaac married to Blumah Lieb (Flora) (nothing known about his wife) why did Joel kill himself ?
    4..George Melville Louisson (Isaac-changed his name unknown why-fathers suicide?) married to Julia Pyke
    5..Cecil Louisson married to Elizabeth Jacobs (they went to Australia then onto New Zealand)
    We have the NZ line.
    Jacobs Line-
    1..Myer Jacob, (Meir) occupation “pencil maker” unknown wife
    2..Elias Jacob 1771, Hebrew name “Eliahu”, occupation “Clothier” died 28 Mar 1856, buried Brady Street Jewish Cem. Married Elizabeth (Betsy) Breindela b Joseph – b 1774 died 21 Nov 1833, 133 Rosemary Lane, London.( Her father Yespe (or Yesfe, Jezle) from Worms). They married 7 Dec 1796 Great Synagogue. (nothing known on his wife)
    3..Michael Jacobs 1801 died 18 Jun 1872, of Royal Mint St (was Rosemary Lane), occup “Clothes Dealer”. Married Rachel Joseph, born abt 1806. They married 8 Jan 1823. Rachel’s fathers Hebrew name is Shmuel (possibly Samuel in English) (nothing known on Rachel's father, mother)
    4..Elizabeth Jacobs married Cecil Louisson,
    Regards Julie

Julie
    I have 2 Hyamson family tree versions of the Moses Pyke d 1792 -Elsa his wife died 1794 line. This tree contains the straight descent of a daughter -not named- who married George Louisson. We need to confirm that Julia Pyke was the daughter of Moses Pyke and Elsa. Then we need to check the Joseph line.
    Phillip

Julie
    Jeffery Maynard has Julia 1802-1867 as the daughter of Eleazer Pyke 1760-1817 (son of Moses Pyke) and brother of Lewis Eleazer;John; Judith;Caroline
    Would strongly suggest careful checking of all the family tree data online to confirm accuracy.
    Phillip

Hi Phillip,
    On Julia's marriage to George M Louisson her father is recorded as "Eliezer Lezer", so I have been trying to find him, I came across this information:
    Eleazar (Lezer Shnek) Pyke [image] was born about 1764. He died on 19 Feb 1817 in London. He married Sarah about 1784. [Parents]
    [Notes]
    67. Sarah [image] was born in 1763 in London. She died in Jan 1842 in St Giles, Middlesex.
    Hebrew name Lezer
    1803 address: Little Alie Street, Goodmans Fields (GS record)
    Address (Machzor 1807), Little Alie Street
    GSBUR 359/2718, Nº 10 Goodmans Stile; Parish of St Mary Whitechapel
    died at 10 Goodmans Stile.Business still registered in 1822 in his name
    Pencil maker; various apprentices

Moses (Shnook) Pyke was born in 1740 in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands. He died on 6 Feb 1792 in Houndsditch, London. He married Elsa Moses about 1762Moses (Shnook) Pyke
    Hebrew name Moshe Shnook or Shnek, also Moses SHPITZ SHKOP
    Lived in Stoney Lane, Gravel Lane, Houndsditch
    GSBUR 004/32
    Said this line comes from Amsterdam in Pyke Ancestry message boards
    Elsa Moses was born about 1732. She died on 2 Mar 1794 in London.
    Parents of Moses - Leendert Levie Pyke.Leendert married Catherine Hijman Haguenau.
    265. Catherine Hijman Haguenau

https://70.33.246.110/~radio100/allan1942/FT/pafg07.htm

This needs checking, but I like the fact the address "Goodmans Fields" is the same area where George & Julia Lived. I was once told that you need at least 3 things that match to tie in family lines. Ive found one at this stage "area"
    Thanks Phillip, Ive never searched Jewish Lines before, its a new experience, so forgive me if I make mistakes, or ask the same question twice.
    Regards Julie

From the Synagogue Scribes
    Death 1817 of Eleazar Pyke Hebrew name Lezer , fathers name Moses Shnook. Address 10 Goodmans Fields, Whitechapel. Julia's marriage from Synagoue Scribes father Eliezer Lezer (Daughter of a Privd Member). Other children which appear to have the same father - Lewis Eleazer Pyke m Charlotte Woolf 1809, father Lezer Shnek, Caroline Pyke m to Lewis Isaacs father Lezer Shek both records daughter & son of a Privd Member
    Still checking

Julie
    I have seen Elsa Abrahams as the wife of Moses- need to check carefully.
    From The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger,2004 Pub Robert Boyd- PYKE references- Alexander Pyke son of M Pyke 92 St Pauls Road Camden Town married Alice Flora Alexander eldest dau of Mr A Alexander5 Odin Lodge Clapham Park 22.6.1870; Charles Pyke son of Mr J L Pyke 4 Gt Prescott St marriage to Rebecca Jacob youngest dau of late Alexander Jacob of Manchester 31.10. 1866; marriage Charlotte Pyke 21.4.1868 6th dau of Samuel Pyke 52 Gt Prescott St to Rev Simeon Singer - these lines relate to Clara Pyke sister;Dr David Asher brother in law;Judah Afriat brother in law; Amelia Alexander grandmother; Solomon Alexander grandfather; Leon Pyke grandfather; Clara Pyke marriage to Dr David Asher 27.8.1862 ; death David Pyke 24.7.1866 New York 3rd son of John Leon Pyke 4 Gt Prescot St Goodmans Fields- Dinah Pyke mother; Charles Pyke brother; Rebecca Jacob sister in law; Leon Pyke grandfather; Dinah Pyke death age 68 -72 Gt Prescot St 27.7.1861; Alice Isaac sister in law; Kate Pyke sister in law; Samuel Pyke brother in law; John Leon Pyke husband; Lewis Isaac brother in law; Joseph Pyke -wife Sarah; Simon Magnus father in law;Lazarus Simon Magnus brother in law; Cordelia Defries sister in law; Cloeman Defries brother in law; Elizabeth Castello sister in law; Manuel Castello brother in law; Jane Nathan sister in law; Henry Nathan brother in law. Berger 1871-80- Death John Leon Pyke 9.3.1874 age 84 -4 Great Prescot St
    There are several other Pyke references but you can see how the lines interrelate.
    Phillip

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast