Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Westminster road Kirkdale Liverpool

Hi all
    Would any one be able to tell me were I can find a photo of Westminster rd Kirkdale in or around 1910 or what the houses were like, as my great grand aunt lived at 234 and according to the 1911 census it had seven rooms so I guess it was a good size. I did look on google and found a house on street view that would have been across the road number 238 sadly 234 is no longer there, I would just like to know if it would have been the same sort of house.
    kind regards Sue

Reputation beyond repute

across the road number 238
    Wouldn't 238 be on the same side as 234?

234 is no longer there
    According to the Royal Mail Postcode Finder, 234 Westminster Road exists.

For photos, the Record Office can be a good source - local authorities take photographs for various reasons, planning and redevelopment for example..

Hi Peter
    Thank for the information I will have another look
    Thanks again for your help
    Kind regards sue

pippycat

Sue

If you google Westminster Road again, from the Pub on the corner, the 5th house up (with the green roof trim) has wheelie bins outside with No. 234 on them....that's maybe the house your after.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca
    Thank you so much for this help, when I am back on my computer this afternoon I will have another look and with this help I am sure I will find it I think maybe I was looking the to wrong way down the street
    Thanks again and have a good christmas
    Kind regards sue

Hi Rebecca
    What am I like I don't know how I missed it, thanks a gain for your time and help
    kind regards sue

lynnelay

Please can you also help me !!
    My dad was born at 318 Westminster Road. Any photos of that. He was on the 1911 census aged 7.
    happy Christmas to you all
    Lynne

Reputation beyond repute

Have you tried the advice above?

1 Royal Mail Postcode Finder

2 Google streetview

3 Record Office

pippycat

Lynne

Sorry, but your going to be out of luck with 318 Westminster Road being on google street view.

The houses numbered 326 and 328 are there, but they, along with the rest on that side of the road, right down to the Pharmacy at No. 310/312 are much newer built.
    Must have had some regeneration take place, but I don't know when.

Peter's good advice about contacting the record office might be your quickest route to finding any old photo's of Westminster Rd that may be available - why not send an email asking Liverpool R/O if they have any among their records?

Rebecca

williamkhall

Quote Originally Posted by slewis View Post
    Hi all
    Would any one be able to tell me were I can find a photo of Westminster rd Kirkdale in or around 1910 or what the houses were like, as my great grand aunt lived at 234 and according to the 1911 census it had seven rooms so I guess it was a good size. I did look on google and found a house on street view that would have been across the road number 238 sadly 234 is no longer there, I would just like to know if it would have been the same sort of house.
    kind regards Sue
    hi there .... I am having difficulty finding Louisa AIREY who would have lived on Westminster Rd, Kirkdale in 1911. Do you have the CLASS & PIECE and registration numbers of Westminster Rd, Kirkdale on the 1911 Census

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast