Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    lazywillie

Unhappy Updates on John Thomas Ballinger

Hi Everyone,
    Just an update on recent information.
    Emily Ballinger was born to Benjamin and Ann Ballenger. Have the certificate.
    Emily Ballinger did marry Benjamin Henry Cooke. Have the certificate
    Have them found in the 1891 Census as H.B Corke, Emily Corke and Nellie.
    Have found Nellie Ballinger b. 1889 Kidderminster presently waiting for her certificate. She married Jack Dench who they had a child named Eva So that explained the name mixup.
    Have found Edith Cook(e) b. 1890 Kidderminster presently waiting on that certificate as well. Have her married to William Jones.
    Now, it is still Henry Benjamin Ballinger b.1888 that I am looking for any information. Since James David b.1884 was under Cook ( I haven't received that certificate either) am I to presume that all the children may have been Benjamin Henry Cooke's children?
    Maybe Henry Benjamin b.1888 took Cook as the last name and went on with life...any hints would be extremely important as time has gone by and it still doesn't seem like the family is complete until he is found.
    Any hints as to boy homes in that era in Kidderminster who might still have records? I have seemed to have exhausted all avenues.
    Shelley
    Last edited by lazywillie; 28-11-2013 at 7:57 PM. Reason: spelling

lazywillie

Would also like to add that after Benjamin Henry died four years later in 1894 leaving Emily a widow of five. She has been found in FMP with a court case due to neglecting her children and received one month hard labor. The two oldest boys James David and John Thomas were put in the. Middlemore Children Emigration Home in 1895 and then sent to Canada in 1896.

Link to a previous thread Here

And another Here

Christanel
    Last edited by christanel; 30-11-2013 at 5:28 AM. Reason: Correct link given
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

lazywillie

Hi Christina, that is me!! I was hoping that you would pop in. I thought rather than replying to my first " Seeking ancestors of Thomas Ballinger" that I would just do an update as a new topic rather than have people going through all the replies. It made sense to me at the time.
    Shelley
    Last edited by lazywillie; 28-11-2013 at 8:50 PM. Reason: Adding more

Quote Originally Posted by lazywillie View Post
    Have found Edith Cook(e) b. 1890 Kidderminster presently waiting on that certificate as well. Have her married to William Jones.
    Shelley, do you have Edith in the 1891 census? If not, there's another possible birth registration or may be you know she was born in 1890?

Edith May Cooke - Kidderminster - Sept 1892 - 6c/224.

lazywillie

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Shelley, do you have Edith in the 1891 census? If not, there's another possible birth registration or may be you know she was born in 1890?

Edith May Cooke - Kidderminster - Sept 1892 - 6c/224.
    I believe I have the right Edith May Cooke as I was sent a letter that she wrote to her brother in Canada and there was an address at the top of the letter which I went through Worcestershire Archives. They looked up the address and came up with William and Edith Jones.
    I think and not sure but it was coincidental that there was a Edith and a Eileen( possibly Nellie) in a 1911 Census. But alas I haven't been able to find her at all in the 1901 Census.
    Shelley

Shelley, my point is (sorry if I didn't explain myself well), if she was born in 1890 wouldn't she be on the 1891 census with her parents and sister Nellie. I'm just concerned you've sent for the wrong cert (hoping you haven't as certs are expensive enough even when the right ones). Good luck.

I've been looking for Henry Benjamin, no luck so far.

Just found this death. Maybe both Edith May Cooke's are Emily's daughters, first one died and Emily named her next dau after her.

Edith May Cooke - Dec 1890 - Kidderminster - age 0 - 6c/147.

lazywillie

I know I am concerned as well for the fact that she was alive during the census and should've been in that census with HB, Emily and Nellie...another big cloud over my head. Have already ordered the certificate and if it doesn't it doesn't have Benjamin Henry and Emily down as parents I will keep yours in mind for sure.
    Yes, if hubby only knew that I have been ordering all these birth/marriage certificates he would have my head! I have learnt not to be so lazy and order through ancestry as those cost $37.00 Canadian. Whereas from GRO it is only something like $20.00. Ugh!

lazywillie

Oh boy, I saw that too in the ancestry birth/marriage/death indexes. I am questioning myself now.
    Shelley

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast