Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Oh gosh Alma and all the work you did for me...I wish I can do something for you! S.
    Helped divert my mind from the miserable discomfort, Shelley.

lazywillie

Hello Everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful New Year so far. I thought that I would check in and let you know of the latest that I received from a South African researcher Anna Lehmkuhl. She came back with a response that if our grandfater's sibling, Henry Benjamin Ballinger did not die in South Africa, it is difficult to find any records as the records are not centralized nor comprehensive. Also states that she did not see ant records for Benjamin.
    So nothing new with any leads. I do have a question though and that is when WWW1 ended and the Spanish flu hit England and other countries...would death records still be kept up with the influx of people dying? Just a thought that was running through my head.

lazywillie

Hello,
    I still have no answers to Benjamin
    However I subscribed to Forces War Records and they have a HB Ballinger. If that is my Henry Benjamin Ballinger then why isn't it on ancestry? How do I know it is him as it says HB with no given name and again with the question I previously asked with regards to the Spanish flu.
    Thanks to all who reads and hopefully reply's. Shelley

Hello Shelley
    when you say you have found a record for H B Ballinger is it the one who transferred to the RAF from the R.N.A.S. or R.F.C. a labourer and service number 146635?

Not all records are on all sites so ancestry, FMP, FWR etc have records which have either only been licensed to that particular site or have only been gathered by the site themselves.

Ancestry have exclusive licenses for things like WW1 service records with the national archives, FWR have the full transcripts and original images of the WW1 Jewry book of honour, all 3 (inc FMP) have the WW1 Royal naval divisions roll of honour by Jack Clegg- etc.

This page gives links to research guides for the different services.

As to the question of death registrations being maintained during periods of high death rates I can only say that I would think so. Whether some people were registered with their correct name or even a name at all is a different thing.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

lazywillie

Yes Christanel,
    That is the record I am curious about...wishful thinking? So then this most likely not our Henry Benjamin. I am just thinking of all possiblilities. One being the Spanish flu.
    Thank you Christanel for responding so quickly much appreciated. Shelley

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567