Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Carol Grimer

Hi almach. Have discovered that the John Genderer in your earlier reply died in America and is buried with his mother Maria Maurice. Maria emigrated with her children after the death of her husband. Names on the headstone are Maria Maurice and Carl Genderer but birth date is the same as John Henry Carls Ernest. His father was Carls Genderer who died in Britain just after John was born.!!! Its back to research for me, but thank you for your help and if you find anything else that's useful I will appreciate it.

Carol

Carol, have you tried emailing here
    https://www.
    childrenscottagehomes.org.uk/virgo_fidelis_orphanage_upper_norwood.html

They welcome enquiries, their contact address is at the bottom of the page.

Carol Grimer

almach ,have sent the sisters an email, but had no reply to date. Had seen the website few weeks ago, and like you, thought it would be worth an enquiry. Will let you know if I receive any info
    Carol

Good luck, Carol,

I'll be interested to know if you do receive a reply.

Also by answering this latest post of yours keeps me reminded that the query is ongoing and I can look into it deeper. Contact is important as keeps posts live.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

#8 I think you need to obtain this death certificate Phoebe Annie MARSHALL 1905

Phoebe Annie MARSHALL was baptised at St Lukes Chelsea 18 March 1863 the daughter of William & Annette MARSHALL

William a widower aged 37 & Annetta Georgina 20 nee KEENE were married at St Luke Chelsea 15 June 1862

in 1871 Phoebe A can be found at RG10 1122 86 24 with her paternal grandparents.

These are all CoE churches!

Carol Grimer

geneius, Thanks for your reply. I have all this info, so was aware that the churches were C of E. As children usually take the mothers religion, we can only assume that my Grandmother took her fathers , as she was definitely Jewish, as was my Father and his siblings ( my uncles nickname is the rabbi )

William Marshalls 1st wife was Elizabeth Coulter, whom he married in 1854, they had a son ,William born 1859, and Elizabeth died 1860
    Thanks again for your help, still waiting to hear from the orphanage

Carol

Carol Grimer

Have still not had a reply from the orphanage !!! Finding it frustrating now. Anybody with ideas ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12