Thread: 1881 Census

lindarhead

Default 1881 Census

I'm trying to find an Edward A Fletcher born in Bury circa 1844 who lived in Burnley in 1881, he was married to Elizabeth and they had several children, Elizabeth according to other census records was born 1848 in Bury.As far as I'm aware all their children were born in Burnley. I can't find them on the 1881 census, I've tried Ancestry,Find My Past, and Freecen without success although I did find an entry for an Edward A Fletcher on the UK Census online website...'Edward A Fletcher 37 Iron Moulder Lancashire 1844 Bury, Lancashire View more details', but I'm not a subscriber so can't view the actual record, and there doesn't seem to be a pay per view option, can anyone help please?

Linda

Reputation beyond repute

Linda
    There's no point shopping around because there is only one 1881 census transcription. They are all copies of the same transcription and should all be free of charge (not the image)

You might as well just use the version on Family Search.

Nicolina

you can search the 1881 Census, for free, on the LDS site and FMP.
    I haven't found him on the 1881 only the 1901 Census.

lindarhead

I've already searched FMP and LDS, the only one he shows up on is the UK Census Online..

pennydog

Were their children Elizabeth A 1872, Mary E 1873, Henry 1876, Jane 1879 and Clara 1881?

If so try RG11 - 4151 - 59 - 22

This family have been transcribed as 'Wires', but looking at the original this could be wrong.

lindarhead

That's them!!! Thank you so much pennydog...I'd never have found that...Fletcher-Wires...how?..

pennydog

The original is quite feint and if I was not looking for 'Fletcher' I would not have seen it either!

ps - with FMP I put in Edward A, no surname, b 1844 +/- 2, born Bury, occ iron moulder, county Lancs. and this was the only one that came up.