Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SKT1906

Oh my, Thank you ever so much!!!! Yes, this is them, as those are the children!!! God bless, you have made my day!!

SKT1906

My James Proudfoot was born 1796, give or take a couple years. He was married to a Rebecca and moved to the United States, living in Pennsylvania. The children that is listed in the baptism of Holt, matches the names on the United States census of 1850.
    Rebecca Proudford F 46 England
    Betsy Proudford F 19 England
    John Proudford M 7 England
    James Proudford M 58 England
    also spelled Proudford... Words can not express my thanks to you for your wonderful help. Greatly appreciated :-)

kaysii

Glad they are the right family. Rebecca Fox was rather young when she got married if her age at the 1850 census is about right. According to freereg there is a Rebecca Fox born to parens George Fox and Margaret Farrow 22 December and baptised 25 December 1804 in Hunworth which is a neighbouring parish to Holt. I've not found another Rebecca Fox that is born in the vicinity in the right sort of time period. Here is a link to the relevant Hunworth registerhttps://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....TD:n1810303266

hexham

Have some information on the Proudfoots, mainly through John b 1754 Sharrington, traced them from Norfolk to Northumberland, and Scotland. happy to share info if it helps.

Eddie

richard40

for anyone researching family history in Salthouse Norfolk the site salthousehistory.co.uk has proved invalueable to me.
    as most 19th century men were sea farers you find a great many connections from that area with Tyneside/ Northumberland, I think there was a great deal of coasters involved in the coal trade.

hexham

Happy to help out and share any information that might be useful. My (Wife's) Proudfoots moved North from Norfolk to Northumberland as there was a lot of work up there, mines, shipyards etc. The census forms for places like Jarrow, North Shields and that area are full of people who originated in Norfolk.

isthisme

I have been looking for a birth record for Jane July Proudfoot circa 1811 Burnham or Aylsham.
    I have concluded she was probably the illigitimate daughter of Susannah Proudfoot. father unknown. Grandparents Edmund Proudfoot and Sarah Glister Aylsham.
    However in my search I compiled from Ancestry a 4 page list of Proudfoots born 1780 to 1820 and if anyone has a name they want me to check on my list let me know!

Knowledgeable and helpful

I put "Jane July Proudfoot" into Google and the first result is a family tree which gives her a father called Francis Ward. Might be worth a look?

isthisme

Thanks.
    I have seen that and Susannah married francis Ward approx 12 years after Jane July was born. He having previously been married so dont think he was her father...but you never know.

lordloot

Hi all,great thread I am also descended from the proudfoot's of sharrington.
    I have been researching the Thurston and Proudfoot families in and around Cley next sea, sharrington, salthouse etc. I have a fair bit of info and willing to share. I have yet to find any proudfoot photos.....??
    Yours Carl Proudfoot~Thurston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12