Thread: research

PETERF SHEPPARD

Default research

This looks as though it could be a useful site.

I just found somebody looking for a lady called Mary Ralphs in Lancashire (Wingates) and found out that she was my father's nurse! (he was born in 1904, died in 1987). I believe we even have a photo of the two of them together.

My brother Martin and I have done a lot of family research and have now located the graves of all of our great grandparents.

pottoka

This is a very useful site! There are lots of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members straining at the leash to knock down brick walls and find answers for you, although I think you've done pretty well so far to have found all the graves of your great-grandparents. That's something I'll never be able to do as one pair were too poor to have headstones and the church either didn't keep, or more probably lost, the plan of the churchyard where they were buried!

It's fantastic that you have found someone you know of almost as soon as you came to the site

Long may it continue, and dobrodošli to you

A very warm welcome to BG, Peter. Now that you have found us, and a family connection, have a good look round and post any other questions in the relevant place.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Hatshepsut

Hi Peterf....welcome to the site. It IS very helpful and there are lots of very nice people on here too.
    Pity your dad's nurse was 'Ralphs'....I'm researching the singular of that name...'Ralph'
    Good luck

grinsill

Hello there
    I have recently started on this web site tracing my ancestors. My family name is Ralph and my ancestors that I have so far discovered are from the Midlands, mainly Tipton,Staffordshire. The main occupations are coal miners and foundry workers. I have tracked down a couple of Ralph's near Yorkshire working as coal miners. As for having relatives abroad, seems a long stretch, but you never know.
    Its a long shot ,but do we have a connection?
    Regards
    Mike Ralph

Hatshepsut

Mike...I have PM'd you.