Thread: electoral role

lisagrace

Default electoral role

does anyone know how to get electoral role from an address without a name, I'm looking for 4 brett road hackney during 1940 to 1960 dont know the husbands surname so i cannot put it in the search just address, but once I see the surnames It will make it easier for me to work it out.

Thankyou kindly.xxx

Starting to feel at home

There are a number of different names for 4 Brett Road. There appears to be two number 4's in Brett Road. One in Quested Buildings and one in Brett Manor. Some of the names are Gooch, Douglas, Griffiths, Lee, Ducker. There are more.

Reputation beyond repute

Enter the street address in the Street address field. Enter "Hackney*" in the Ward or Division/Constituency field. Relatively straightforward.

It may help your future research if you remember that the word is "Roll" not "Role".

lisagrace

thankyou peter
    re-reading the post i cant believe i spelt it like that.oops!

lisagrace

ancestry doe'snt give street field just lived in...but ive just put it in keyword now with some success. my dad had an aunt called sissy/cissy probably not her real her name maiden name smith father thomas, he said she lived at 4 brett road hackney but possibly could have the name mansions in the address which would sort of match your brett manor you mentioned bit of a long shot, but if i can find the couples who lived at the addresses possibly find their marriages. I might come up with the right aunt you never know.
    thankyou again peter.