Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gasser

this info was found from British Columbia Cemetery Finding Aid website:-
    ADAMS, Jean Mountain View Vancouver, Fraser Street Southwestern BCGS-C-62
    ADAMS, Robert Mountain View Vancouver, Fraser Street Southwestern BCGS-C-62
    ADAMS, Lena Pearl Mountain View Vancouver, Fraser Street Southwestern BCGS-C-62
    Once you have located an ancestor in BCCFA and know the Reference number, you are ready to contact the contributing organization for further information.
    For REFERENCE FIELD numbers beginning with "BCGS-", write to...
    British Columbia Genealogical Society
    P.O. Box 88054, Lansdowne Mall
    Richmond, British Columbia V6X 3T6
    Telephone: 1-604-502-9119
    https://
    www.bcgs.ca

Not sure if this will help but if it were me I would make contact....might lead somewhere

markmccormack

Well, kind of stuck now. Need more information about what you know about Jean's death to make positive match. Searched BC archives, only reasonable death (based upon what I know) is for Jean Adams, who died in Kelowna:

Vital Event Death Registration

Name: Jean Adams

Event Date: 1951 1 4 (Yr/Mo/Day)
    Event Place: Kelowna

Reg. Number: 1951-09-001044
    B.C. Archives Microfilm Number: B13207
    GSU Microfilm Number: 2032699

According to that document, she was born Dec 6, 1913 in Alvinston, Ontario
    to Donald McAllister and Janet S. Grieve. Problem is, the husband was listed
    as James Edwin Adams, and not Robert.

So, need to know what you know or cannot help you further.

Kindest Regards!

Mark

caubeen

sorry Mark, All I know about jean is her first name,and that according to my uncles service record he was given permission to marry her in 1941,next entry in his record lists her as Jean Adams, his next of kin ? that entry was also dated 1941.

gasser

Just a suggestion...
    I'm wondering if Robert and Jean divorced? Having read posts about this couple on another forum (perhaps from yourself?) if I remember correctly they were still together in '55 and Robert remarried in '61.....have I got that right? I went online to find out about obtaining divorce records in Vancouver and this page may help if you want to go down that route.
    https://www.
    ehow.com/how_6555215_obtain-divorce-records-vancouver_-bc.html

caubeen

thanks Gasser for all your great in put,they may have divorced,I know very little of going into searches as I get lost in them and usually have to give up,robert was my mothers older brother and she told me little stories of him when they were young kids,he had served in ww1 in the british army He emigrated here to Canada in 1921and in 1945 WW2 he enlisted in the Canadian Army and served to the end of it although not on active service due to his age.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12