horseshoe

Wink decided on my site

hello,

I have been trying to choose a site for research ,I went onto the A******y site and I had a good look round and I found some very handy downloadable forms, most useful!, I have not found that on other sites.
    These sorts of tools can be most helpful to beginners where organisation is concerned.

So, I know where I will be heading next

Nannas

Hi horseshoe,
    That's good...always good to finally decide on something.

Just an idea though...if you make sure you have everything ready and you know what you have to search for (census/birth etc) you can generally get away with just making use of the free trial and going like crazy for 2 weeks.
    I find most people really only need an Ancestry sub for a month at a time each 3 or 4 months,,,rather than pay 12 months of the year. (if they are organised and plan on what to look for)
    Also check the 'lists' of records available on Ancestry (by clicking ''search,,uk & Ireland,,,then England) and it will show you all the records available and which ones are free to access. You can still search those free indexes without a paid subscription.

Making use of familysearch and freebdm, freereg etc in between Ancestry subscriptions to get possible names/dates etc will cut the amount you have to pay by atleast a quarter but still allow you to continually work on your tree.
    Also google is wonderful....and will find many records on other sites for free.

horseshoe

nannas

Thank you for this advice, I have printed it off and will refer to it,

much appreciated.

Horseshoe.

Nannas

Nothing to print out....I've just been with the big A for many years and find most ppl do not need year full sub.....you can get the same results only paying for 3 months....

Nannas