Sandra Parker

Default Who was Peter Vandervelden's dad?

I thought I'd located all the Vanderveldens (Vondervelden/Vondendelden and a few more variations as well), but this one has me flummoxed.

Can anyone tell me Peter's parents' names, please?

Peter Vandervelden birth registered in Southwark, SepQ 1894 Vol 1d page 35.

I have been looking for George Henry Von der Velden, son of George Henry Von der Velden and Elizabeth Randall around 1896. Can't find his birth and can't find him in 1901, but he is with his parents in 1911. (Have details for the rest of his family).

As almost all the London Van/Vondervelden are the children/grandchildren of Gustave Vandervelden and Elisabeth Kirschei, Peter is a bit of a mystery.
    Sandra

Very quick off the mark.

Ancestry has a record in its UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960 for a Peter Vandervelden travelling on 9 Mar 1895 from Liverpool to New York.

He is listed as an infant with his parents. Unfortunately I can't decipher the parents names. Father's name looks something like Some & Mother's name like Jelenrmd.

Maybe someone with better eyes and access to Ancestry could take a look for you.

Maggie

P.S. Find My Past have the same record with Father's name transcribed as Iome aged 41 and mother as 31.
    Last edited by margarita; 08-07-2013 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Added extra information

janbooth

Father's name certainly looks like Iome and mother's name Jelenrmd?, ages respectively 41, 31 and Inf as Maggie has said above.

Janet

janbooth

Default Peter VANDERVELDEN

Sorry, should have added the ship was the Luciana and sailed from Liverpool on 9 March 1895. Iome was shown as a Labourer.

Janet

Sandra Parker

Thanks Margarita and Janet.
    Looks like Peter was a member of the Dutch Vanderveldens, rather than my German ones, as neither of the parents' names, as unusual as they are, bear any resemblance to any of the children or grandchildren of Gustave and Elisabeth.
    Now to keep looking for George Henry.
    Sandra