Loves to help with queries

Default William Kirby. Fritwell.

Hello. Does any one have access to Fritwell marriage records. I am looking for the marriage of William Kirby and Ann. Married about 1748 in Frittwell. I am looking for the maiden name of Ann. She was born in Frittwell about 1725. Thank you.

janbooth

Hello Susy,

Nothing on the Oxfordshire FHS Marriage Index for a William KERBY/KIRBY to an Ann around that time. There is a marriage on 30 Oct 1736 Charlton/Otmoor but that would be too early and the only other one is a William KIRBY at Fritwell to an Ann KIRBY on 15 Nov 1821.

Janet

janbooth

There is a marriage at Burford on 31 Dec 1744 of a William KERBY & Ann CROSS, both of Black Bourton by licence - not sure whether this could be your couple or not.

Janet

janbooth

Further to the above marriage, there is on the IGI a baptism on 9 October 1727 at Stoke Lyne - v close to Fritwell - of an Ann CROSS daughter of William & Mary CROSS. Perhaps worth further investigation.

Janet

Loves to help with queries

Thank you. I am tracing the cave tree. They come from Kidlington . In the will of Edward Cave Ann is mentioned as being his kinswoman . A kinswoman or kinsman is related by birth or marriage . I know he is related by marriage to my Rand Family .