Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hugh Thompson

Default William Park Thompson

Just inquiring to see if anyone has William Park Thom(p)son in their tree, born in 1823 at Glasgow Scotland who arrived in Moreton Bay (then New South Wales) around about 1854-5 along with his wife Mary Elizabeth nee Fraser, son William Fraser Thompson b.1853 Parkhill Angus and daughters Margaret Thompson b. 1848 Kinfauns Perth and Helen (Ellen) Thompson b.1852. Parkhill Angus.
    Regards.
    Hugh.

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a tree on Ancestry . The owner is Col. Cassidy from Brisbane. Maybe you know of this tree? All in all with 9 children.

Hugh Thompson

Thanks for that Susan, I more than likely have the same info as he does, I was more interested in finding someone in Scotland from the family line who may be able to tell me what happened to the rest of the family after William left for Australia.
    Hugh.

There is a tree on ancestry which has parents and grandparents for William Park.
    Parents William 22 July 1792 -? and Margaret Drysdale 1795
    Grandparents William Thomson 1759 and Margaret Park 1763

They are citing the 1841/51/61 Scottish censuses as sources.

So you have this info about the family but want to follow up the other family members?

Christanel

ps Some trees for this family can been seen at mundia.com

Hugh Thompson

Yes that's what I'm after Christanel, I have an abundance of info on all the descendents of William Park Thompson and also his forbears, going back through the two Williams in those trees and possible earlier generations with the Parks, Littles, Telfords and Scotts, I'm mainly after any lines of his siblings, Janet, Margaret and James (if I have them correctly identified)
    Thanks.
    Hugh. ps. I once tried to put all the descendents of William Park Thompson and Mary Fraser on one sheet but they and their offspring had soo many children that I gave up after two generations.

They were a busy family

Do you know if any of the siblings had a unique 2nd name to help trace them? Being a Thompson myself I know how hard it is to find the one you want if they have a "normal" name.

Sue

Hugh Thompson

No Sue, not as far as I know, the family apparently originated in the Border regions around Langholm and Westerkirk, Dumfrieshire, I know the 2nd names of William's children born here in Australia were all to do with people they knew locally.
    Hugh.

hello Hugh
    Do you have dates and place of birth for the children Janet, Margaret and James. You say if you have identified them correctly? Where did you find them? I am just trying to sort it in my mind (big ask!)
    Christanel

Hugh Thompson

Hi Christanel, they were all in the IGI, not submitted entries.
    All born Glasgow, Parents William Thomson & Margaret Drysdale.
    Janet Thomson 09 May 1822
    Margaret Jane Thomson 06 Jun 1837
    James Thomson 23 Aug 1840.
    Thanks.
    Hugh.

So, did William Park add the "p" and the rest of the family, didn't ?

Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast