Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ruth A

Thank you, where did you get the date 21 November 1930 as we believed my Father's date of birth was 30 Nov 1930?
    Ruth

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Will pm you

Ruth A

Thank you this is useful to know and great that you have found this information, as I not seen this before. Is this your area of expertise?

Ruth

Research is much the same whether it be UK or overseas.

Like others I have helped trace Indian born etc famillies, however your family look as if they are born there.

I made a reference earlier on about the GRO records, These are our birth /marriage/death certificate / records.

If a UK citizen has an event abroad, it is usually registered at the British Consul then passed to the UK for recording in seperate overseas records. Your family name DASS does not appear in these records, so it was trial & error over finding any record, but at sometime a member of your famiy came to the UK as you are showing a UK area on your profile

What I noted on the ships manifest was that at some point Anthony married, was this in India, and where was his wife when he was in the UK.

What was Ruth M maiden name ?

The other thing is the child could be Indira as in Indira Ghandi!!

I've just been on books.google and found what appears to be an interetsting book about KGF you can read it on line

Kolar Gold Fields - Down Memory Lane: Paeans to Lost Glory! By Bridget White

Ruth A

My mother was in Kola Gold Fields with my Father's cousin Aunt Clara in Kola Gold Fields. They married in Ranipet in January 26 1952 at Our Lady of Health in Ranipet my sister was born in Feb 1953. My mother then came to the UK in around 1955? on the same ship as my Father. We my brother Francis, myself Andrew and Peter were all born in Saltburn.

I don't what the the maiden name was for my Grandmother. No-one remembers! And yes definately didn't have an Aunt called Indira Ghandi.....not sure about the spelling!

And I think most of the family on that side of the family (Father) at that time were in Kola Gold Fields....... then they moved to Ranipet.

Ruth A

Yes, I got I got in touch with Bridget White, who was able to tell me some information about the period of time when my Grandfather was there and she thinks he was in Champion Reef Mine, and also my Mother where she may have lived. Apart from that I need to access records at the Our Lady of Victories Church for births marriage and death. There is not much information about the early records regards the mines etc

I think that was where my Father was born and his siblings. I have read some of the book on line which I agree is very interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12