Greetings All,
I have just blasted a great big hole in my brick wall with a bit of lateral thinking. Unable to trace the marriage of Thomas LUCAS and Louisa COOPER (and therefore their parents) I sent for the birth certificates of all of their children for whom I could find a reference and therebyby discovered Louisa's full three forenames (mentioned only once). I have finally pinned her down as Louisa Frances Ann, christened in Portsmouth, 01 May 1842, parents Michael and Ann.
It seems to me that it may be possible to trace Thomas through his second name too. He was Thomas Henry LUCAS: 1861 and 1881 censuses give p.o.b. as Montgomery/shire and 1891 specifies Llangurig. His age differs wildly giving a spectrum for date of birth from 1816 to 1825. I have tracked down three possibilities, but with no second names. Could anyone check parish records for me, please? The relevant births are: Thomas LUCAS bap 30 Aug 1816, parents Edward and Sarah; ditto, bap. 11 Oct 1818, parents Thomas and Mary; or TL bap 9 May 1819, parents Edward and Jane.
(The father Thomas ('and Mary') may be the pauper Thomas LUCAS kindly found for me in the 1841 and 1851 censuses by JS Lewis .....?? )
Hopeful thanks
Robina