David Annis

Default One that made the grade and one who did not.

I am very lucky, I have two sets of family tree's to research. (The reason should be obvious). A few years ago I found and met a half sister I did not know I had.
    My two family's consists of Agricultural laborer's and Quarry workers. There are so many of them that it will still take years of delving into their pasts.
    At last I have found, one that broke the mold and one that was a black sheep.
    The first one became an assistant school master and then went on to be a political agent.
    He would have known and spoke with Prime Minister, Sir Stanley Baldwin.
    He married the daughter of a known painter and artist. This may well have upset the girls family because she married well beneath her class. Still, good for him and her, I'm dead chuffed.
    My black sheep, is the only one I have found so far, that is apart from a fair number of blessings when it came to child births. The bad lad was on the fiddle and was sent to do five months hard labor for fraud.
    He had taken no more than a few pounds by adjusting the account books of a fruit and veg dealer. Thinking about it he was not an Ag Lab worker either. Anyway, very strangely, he was done again for doing the same thing a few years later. This time he was found not guilty. It looks like his previous record had stuck to him. After this one, he packed his bags and moved out of the area, where is past would not haunt him again.
    I'm sure there will be more little history's to find as there is so many still to look at.
    Cheers
    Dave.

LittleSpark

Very interesting David - it's amazing what we find out isn't it?
    I was researching my cousin's family for her (another branch) and found that one of her ancestors was sentenced for 7 years for stealing some nails and was transported to Van Dieman's Land.

Sheila