jamesmantle

Default finding out if a relative emigrated or nor

hello
    I hope that I can post this here but I have found my grand mother and am pretty sure that her and her mum dad and siblings went to Canada after she was sent away to have my father who she left for adoption, I think that I have the correct person and family going off in 1927 but I am not sure if I posted up the details would any one be able to help to confirm my work.
    here`s hoping
    james

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Hello James

The family that went to Canada in 1927 is the one that was found on your other thread, but I am not sure it is yours. The family left England on 9 April 1927. Beatrice was aged 15. Was your father born before or after 9 April 1927?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellylegs View Post
    Hello James

The family that went to Canada in 1927 is the one that was found on your other thread, but I am not sure it is yours. The family left England on 9 April 1927. Beatrice was aged 15. Was your father born before or after 9 April 1927?
    Is this the thread you meant, Jellylegs?

James, I have moved your post from Introduce Yourself to Emigration. You can post about your research here provided you do not post details of any living or potentially living people.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Yes Sue, thanks.

Reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there's a simple answer but it's not obvious to me from the earlier thread - how do you tie up the Beatrice Mantle on your father's birth certificate with the Beatrice Mantle who was born in 1912?

jamesmantle

Default beatrice

helloi
    yes I have my fathers birth certificate and,I was able to use it to find his mother but then I lost her untill reciently when some one in Canada contacted me,which was a shock but since I have been trying to tie up all the loose ends as this is the only thread that I have to follow.
    thanks
    james

Reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I didn't word the question very well.

How do you know that the Beatrice Mantle who gave birth to your father is the same Beatrice Mantle who was born in 1912 and later emigrated?

jamesmantle

Default beatrice2

hello
    that is what I asked how can I be sure all I have is her name the place of her birth and the date of her birth, which seem`s to fit with the one that emigrated in 1927 and the names of her mum and dad were the same as the one that emigrated how what else can I do, except think that this is the one.
    thanks
    james

Where did you get her date and place of birth from?

jamesmantle

hello
    I found her as his mother then found their details on the Census,and I am almost certain that I have the correct Beatrice as her second name was maude and I could not find another Beatrice Maude Mantle on the records for the time.
    thanks
    James